This baffles me...

#1cisquo10Posted 6/22/2013 6:01:45 AM
How am I in a turret....and someone comes up,,,and is able to kill me in 2 seconds with their AR. Is some part of me visible in the turret? And if so where exactly am I. I can never see anyone in those things.
---
PSN: Reckerr
#2Lum_the_MadPosted 6/22/2013 7:18:58 AM
You don't get inside the turret, you stand next to it and opperate it from the outside. You can minimize your risk by picking a side that faces away from most of the enemies but yourstill exposed. It's just like when your hacking an objective really.

As for how you die so fast, your completely imobile and most of the time people have plenty of time to line up close range head shots. Almost any weapon in that kind of situation will have you dead before you leave the turret and turn around. It's important to keep an eye out if your using a turret, especially one close to the front lines like a blaster turret. It helps a lot if you have a few people around you to cover your back but over all you have to expect your an easy target if you man a turret instalation in Dust.
---
"That is not just scraping the bottom of the barrel, that is lifting the barrel up and poking some of the slimy sludge growing underneath the barrel."
#3cisquo10(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 7:32:43 AM
Lum_the_Mad posted...
You don't get inside the turret, you stand next to it and opperate it from the outside.

Seriously.....explains it all...thanks
---
PSN: Reckerr
#4carlos1879Posted 6/24/2013 7:06:32 AM
There was a funny glitch where you could control a turret from long range say for example a blaster turret near the enemys MCC you could glitch it so your body was safely hidden in your own redline lol also made the turret unhackable. I think they have taken it out now though.
#5EX_BortthogPosted 6/24/2013 11:02:28 AM
You can also screw with your opponents by jumping on a turret they are hacking, it resets the hack

If your quick you can give the illusion their O button is messing up
---
#1 Cactus
#6Lum_the_MadPosted 6/24/2013 12:39:54 PM
You can also stand in strange places. On some maps you can jump onto of the turret, others you can stand beneath it because it's on a hill. Over all though their rather useless except OMS and Domination maps. For some reason most static turrets are placed in the worst place possible. Blaster turrets up on a hill over looking the whole map... with the range of a pea shooter. Railgun turrets right in the thick of the battle near the compound.

Or the ever popular turret that faces a wall on 3 sides... and the fourth side faces your own MCC or something.

Perhaps things will improve once you can call in turrets of your own. The instalation tab has been on the orders menu for a while, we just are unable to use it.
---
"That is not just scraping the bottom of the barrel, that is lifting the barrel up and poking some of the slimy sludge growing underneath the barrel."
#7Realtalk_CloverPosted 6/24/2013 1:55:06 PM
The only use for turret installations is to blow up unowned installations for points :3
#8Mayus_BlackPosted 6/25/2013 3:20:45 PM
I think I've managed to find one turret that was actually useful. . . it happens sometimes.
---
* "Oh, I'm not a video game expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night." *
#9Lum_the_MadPosted 6/25/2013 3:47:23 PM
There are a few useful turrets on the domination maps. Railgun or missle turrets on a hill that over look at least half the map. It can really turn the tide of the match by getting into one of those first. MOst people just blow up turrets on your own side of the map, which honestly does help because it denies enemies easy WP. But the main thing to do is blow up the enemy turret which has the same line of sight as you do, plus their supply depo, CRU etc.

Then you can ditch the turret or play space invaders (aka blowing up any incomming vehicles before their even released by the RDV). A few lucky maps even let you over look the objective allowing you to hit the ocasional person and blow up the all to common LAV murder taxi's.

Unfortunetly Railgun turrets seem to have more armor than shields and blow up rather easily. Though you can frustrate the heck out of people by repairing them. It's allways fun to rep a supply depo faster than the enemy can blow it up.
---
More topics from this board...
This or Destiny???????ShinCougar49/23 5:22PM