Hey guys I'm new to the game.

#1Ramner84Posted 6/22/2013 2:11:50 PM
I just now found out about this game while looking through the playstation store. So I'm downloading it right now. Any of the dlc packs needed to play now? Or will I be okay without them? Any tips or advice for a noob, such as myself would be greatly appreciated.
#2Realtalk_CloverPosted 6/22/2013 2:50:52 PM
You can play the game without spending any money at all. Real money buys convenience, not power.

Dont spend any skill points for the first few weeks. Use militia gear (gear with no skill requirements) to test out different playstyles. When you are absolutely sure on the playstyle you want, THEN you can spend skill points to acquire good gear for that playstyle. Not all gear has militia versions, but many do.

You can have up to 3 characters, but you can only feasibly have one as a main, i would suggest using the other 2 character slots as throwaway test characters. A character starts with 500,000 SP, use it to try out various upgrades and skills so that you know whether or not you like them. This way you dont have to waste SP on your main character to try things you are unsure of.
#3Ramner84(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 3:01:13 PM
Thank you I will save my money looking forward to playing
#4obliviondollPosted 6/25/2013 3:34:01 AM
I recommend spending a little SP on some of the basic "core" skills.

Spend the bare minimum needed to unlock Armour and Shield Upgrades, because those skill increase your HP - level them up to 2 or 3, an extra 10 or 15% will massively increase your survivability.

Also, never forget this is more about being the MMORPG experience than a pure shooter, so you WILL be horribly outclassed by high-level players. If you get slaughtered when you first start, try not to be too discouraged.
---
"I want my meals to think for myself"
More topics from this board...
I found a New BoardMickeyRocksa17/28 11:07PM