cheap SP costs in Beta

#1Toho2Posted 6/22/2013 3:38:19 PM
I miss a few things about the Beta. It's so frustrating now having to wait for enough SP just for 1 skill. Really miss the Beta.
---
-I like to explode stuff and set things on fire!-
#2Realtalk_CloverPosted 6/22/2013 3:41:25 PM
For all intents and purposes we still are in beta, CCP marketting just got a huge chubby over the terrible 5/14 pun they called a "release date".

We still have tons of BASIC content missing, like racial dropsuits for heavy and scout, while we get the same promises of "soon" and "we want to be more transparent and communicate more" that we have been getting since february.
#3Lum_the_MadPosted 6/22/2013 5:22:06 PM
There is also the fact that CCP is still unsure on equipment and game balance as well. A relased game shouldnt' really have a patch every few weeks to raise or nerft a particular weapon or vehicle. Plus honestly I don't think a complete game would be so lopsided into the favor of assult/scouts. Most of the weapons in the game are light. You have access to only 2 heavy weapons and one of them is mostly anti vehicle, though you can kill people with a forge gun. Heavies also have no access to equipment slots, so they can basically ignore most of the utility items.

Heavies are so incomplete imo thier not even in beta yet, their still in alpha.

Logi's aren't as bad but they still suffer in many ways. The nanite injectors remain buggy and hard to use, especially if the target dies in some way other than standing perfectly still on a flat surface. Triage is capped pretty hard, and most people run shields now so there isn't a whole lot to repair in the first place. Even heavies now tend to have more shields than armor since their base starts out much lower than it used to.

Worst of all you get nothing for repairing a vehicle, other than a possible 25 point guardian bonus. Sure it was abused to begin with by people running into walls and such and then repairing but it's not cool. Active scanners also give you no WP.

Logi's are still good on the battle field but their ability to earn WP is rather stunted. Not as bad as dropships but still pretty anoying at times. Logi's have to work their little butts off doing 5 things at once to get good WP.
---
"That is not just scraping the bottom of the barrel, that is lifting the barrel up and poking some of the slimy sludge growing underneath the barrel."
#4Realtalk_CloverPosted 6/22/2013 8:21:13 PM
Heavies arent as bad off as you make them sound.

While there are only two heavy weapons, heavies can equip any weapon in the game in their H slot. Heavies have more weapons available for use than any other dropsuit.

There is a new heavy dropsuit variant coming that has an equipment slot.
#5highsummoner1Posted 6/23/2013 1:01:02 PM
Realtalk_Clover posted...
Heavies arent as bad off as you make them sound.

While there are only two heavy weapons, heavies can equip any weapon in the game in their H slot. Heavies have more weapons available for use than any other dropsuit.

There is a new heavy dropsuit variant coming that has an equipment slot.

ya that sounds awesome about new heavy suits, but are they gonna give me another point respec so I can decide if I want the new stuff? or am I gonna get "sorry, you already spent your points on something else even though this wasn't available so you'll have to save up all over again if you want this"?
---
"Ye shall be as gods"
#6Lum_the_MadPosted 6/23/2013 1:56:45 PM
Most likely your screwed lol. CCP flat out said they were not going to be in the habit of giving out skill respects last time. It is a bit unfair that there was only one heavy drop suit to chose from for the last few months but what's CCP going to do? Give out a skill respect to everyone every time they change something?

It wouldnt' be so bad but it just helps people play the flavor of the month. I'm sure a ton of people will be begging for respects once flaylock scouts are no longer total killing machines.
---
"That is not just scraping the bottom of the barrel, that is lifting the barrel up and poking some of the slimy sludge growing underneath the barrel."
#7EX_BortthogPosted 6/23/2013 4:15:30 PM
Heavies are so incomplete imo thier not even in beta yet, their still in alpha.

Logi's have to work their little butts off doing 5 things at once to get good WP.

I couldn't disagree more
---
#1 Cactus