Uprising 1.2 Patch Notes

#1STT_ZidanePosted 6/25/2013 11:57:56 PM(edited)
https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=980095#post980095

Deployment date: July 2nd 2013 - Dev Blog
Uprising 1.2 Patch Notes:

Path to Game and Related UI
* Implemented logging out character from NeoCom

Spawning and End of Match
* Added "call for help" button to kill screen
* Updated strings and information on the kill screen to better differentiate between bleeding out and death state
* Updated icons for bleeding out so logistics can distinguish between players that have and have not called for help
* New icons for EOM stats screen

Dropsuits
* Added Commando dropsuit role
* Added Neo dropsuits for all roles
* Updated third person female walk animations

Weapons
* Updated weapon range system to include absolute range (Giving us optimal, effective and absolute ranges)
* Updated range settings for all handheld weapons to allow for damage to be dealt over longer distances.
* Increased weapon switching speed
* Fixed aiming friction on turrets when pitching so it is correctly applied
* Improvements to location of fallen character for revive
* Fixed slight misalignment with forge gun projectile
* Increased spawn height of orbital strike to ensure it didn’t miss highly positioned enemies
* Fixed client/server mismatch on equipment deployment locations

Modules/Equipment
* Added new dropsuit modules:
* Ferroscale armor plates
* Reactive armor plates
* Shield energizers
* Increased radius for nanite injector revival

Maps/Environments
* Added new yellow sun mood layer
* Added new night mood layer
* Added two new terraforming types
* Manus Peak - fixed the issue where MCC shield would let bullets through
* Fixed navigation issue regarding movement along vertical covers/walls

Audio
* New material types for ladders and snow
* New UI sounds
* Moment-to-moment audio improvements
* More information on taking hits
* 3rd person reload sounds
* Memory and CPU optimizations
* Fix ducking problem on killing enemies
* Fix echo problem in Biomass
* An issue where voice was not available for certain very old chat channels has been fixed
* Smooth sound of LAVs in the distance

UI
* Fixed mail list, now player can roll down to bottom of the list to load up to 1500 latest emails
* Added several new attribute icons
* Now the weapon switcher will display the remaining number of deployable equipment
* Now the background color of Corporation logo on player list will always display red for enemy and blue for friendly
* Now the MCC hit point indicator on spawn page will display in correct color, red for enemy and blue for friendly
* Unified the font case in several NEOCOM pages
* General UI polishing on NECOM pages and HUD
* Fixed multiple UI related issues

Vehicles
* Improvements to the vehicle icons and driver name tags display
* Upward thrust not working when in first person view for dropships
* Ground speed limit being ignored has been fixed

Visual effects
* Added SSAO
* Improved lighting & shadows

.... <Continued in next post>
---
Now Playing:
Dust 514 (with OSG)
#2STT_Zidane(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 11:58:28 PM
<continued from previous post>

Performance
* Improved UI rendering performance
* Improved content streaming stability

Planetary Conquest
* Directors can now kick teammates from Planetary Conquest battles while they’re in the warbarge before the battle starts. Characters that are kicked are banned from rejoining the same battle again
* Districts are no longer locked once conquered by a new owner
* The estimated number of clones at the target district displayed when moving clones to attack is now more accurate

Starmap
* System security level has been added to the starmap information panel
* The planet model in the starmap will no longer randomly revert to a default texture

Storefront
* Added option to purchase bundles from the market

Other
* Characters can now transfer ISK directly between each other and to any corporation
* Directors can now transfer ISK from the corporation mercenary wallet to any player or corporation
---
Now Playing:
Dust 514 (with OSG)
#3Realtalk_CloverPosted 6/26/2013 1:08:31 AM(edited)
Gotta love CCP logic.

Multiple threadnaughts with math showing how armor is inferior to shields in every single way, and how the new modules wont fix even a quarter of armor's issues.

CCP responds by adding a new shield module, making shields even better.
-

The promised fixes to mass driver hit detection and explosion mechanics are nowhere to be seen

I guess us mass driver users get to suffer another month with a mechanically broken weapon, let alone the unjust and severe nerf in uprising based on a butthurt dev in a LAN party (this was the actual reason it got nerfed, beta feedback and market data was totally ignored)
#4Toho2Posted 6/26/2013 5:04:38 AM
Still don't see anything to lower SP costs, restore the Mass Driver, or buff armor. At least the nanite injector.
---
-I like to explode stuff and set things on fire!-
#5Realtalk_CloverPosted 6/26/2013 10:16:04 AM
SP costs are fine now after they reduced the cost of dropsuit skills dramatically.

It only takes 1.2 million SP to get a basic protosuit, and about 2.7 million to get a racial protosuit, these values arent that bad compared to when uprising first launched, and it was 3-5 million respectively
#6EX_BortthogPosted 6/26/2013 10:18:42 AM
Still don't see anything to lower SP costs

What would this achieve except serve to heighten the gap between players?

Lowered SP = SP difference refund = you are back to square 1 but people with more SP invested get more in return
---
#1 Cactus
#7Lum_the_MadPosted 6/26/2013 10:50:49 AM
Well if they live up to their promises a lot of useful things got fixed, and more than a few useless things. I'll hold my breath though I remember they claimed to have fixed joining a game at the end of match in the last patch, but it still happens.

If the nanite injectors are actually fixed though I'll be happy. Those have been so broken since uprsing that I almost stopped carring them anymore. All I got for attempting to pick people up was getting killed while I danced around their corpse.
---
"That is not just scraping the bottom of the barrel, that is lifting the barrel up and poking some of the slimy sludge growing underneath the barrel."
#8STT_Zidane(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 10:59:16 AM
Even More Stuff

Additional 1.2 changes include:

* All the salvage acquired during a planetary conquest match will now been shown on the End of Match screen instead of just 5 items
* Improved speed of RDV vehicle delivery as well as applied tweaks to the RDV AI
* Improved server to client performance of projectile based weaponry
* Chat channels with more than 50 users (mercenaries or capsuleers) will now operate in delayed chat mode

There's your Mass Driver fix
---
Now Playing:
Dust 514 (with OSG)
#9Lum_the_MadPosted 6/26/2013 2:37:30 PM(edited)
Hopefuly the next patch will deal with another problem for logi's, namely the repair tool. It's a rather small hit box to target some one with, and once you lock onto some one it's rather difficult to switch targets. You have to basically disengage and keep going until you hit the right person. It be nice if you could tap the right stick or something to cycle threw the available targets. It's even more of a problem with the more advanced tools that have a longer range.

Well that and dropped equipment simply disapearing if it lands wrong. Most equipment doesn't have a lot of uses and is a real pain to restock, namely dying or switching out your suit at a supply depo. So when you uplink, nano hive or even proximity mine just poofs away it's frustrating. If swear the proximity mines are the worst though. Sure you can restock those from a nanohive but still half of them seem to disapear when I try to put them down.

And no I did not hit my limit of mines available, and I was standing still on a flat surface.... It makes mines more than a little bit useless. They don't do a lot of dmg, taking any where from 3 or 4 of them to blow up a LAV, and your a complete sitting duck while your attempting to put them down.
---
"That is not just scraping the bottom of the barrel, that is lifting the barrel up and poking some of the slimy sludge growing underneath the barrel."
#10EX_BortthogPosted 6/26/2013 2:44:16 PM
IMO that sounds like YOU Lum, my buddy uses Core Focus rep tool just fine and it has like a 3 foot range

Also, again while my buddy talks about equipment fizzling its not that common, like once out of every 100 deploys he says something

Prox Mines are a HUGE threat to LAVs, I'm warry of them in my Limbus, a Logi LAV, because basic Prox Mines can almost take my LAV out and atm my LAV has 42% damage reduction always
---
#1 Cactus