Great Luck

#1TheEndOfDreamsPosted 7/2/2013 11:40:23 PM
Came back after a a month or two of not playing to jump into a game of murder taxi lavs, mass drivers everywhere, and red line tankers
---
The Spirit Of The Warrior Will Always Be With You
Kick This Player?
#2EX_BortthogPosted 7/3/2013 12:53:22 AM
Thats nothing new lol

But the reason for Mass Driver spike is because the damn thing actually works now. The hit detection was fixed, its still a mediocre weapon in damage when you look at Flaylocks, but people will always use grenade launchers in every FPS.

Of course thats nothing compared to when Gal Pilot drops, there will be WAY less red line tanks and WAY more unkillable douchebags in Madrugars :/
---
#1 Cactus
#3TheEndOfDreams(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2013 1:20:54 AM(edited)
the damage is nothing to scoff at in my paper thin scout suit pretty much always a 1 hit ko which i don't really mind just gets annoying
---
The Spirit Of The Warrior Will Always Be With You
Kick This Player?
#4EX_BortthogPosted 7/3/2013 4:01:21 AM
Mass Drivers are area suppression weapons, you're a Scout. Its a direct counter to you because you have trouble moving and have no HP

Mass Drivers lose killing power as you go up suit HP levels unless you get constantly direct hit. My Heavy can't be killed by most Mass Drivers w/o multiple hits while others fire on me, and shields shrug Mass Drivers off like dandruff

I'm more scared of Minmitar Flaylock users then Mass Drivers, but I suppose Flaylock users are the new flavor of the month with explosion hit detection actually working now :/

If Flaylocks didn't cost nothing to equip I wouldn't care as much, but I suppose balance in a video game is a pipe dream in retrospect. A truly balanced game would be boring as there'd be no true diversity unless it was a parody purposely making fun of something (see Divekick)
---
#1 Cactus
#5Realtalk_CloverPosted 7/3/2013 8:59:47 AM
But they dont cost anything to equip, Flaylock pistols have the lowest fitting requirements of any weapon in the game!

Ba-dum-tish!
#6Lum_the_MadPosted 7/3/2013 11:23:17 AM
Flaylocks are pretty much as cheap as it can get. I think all the way up to advanced cost you no PG and very little CPU, while the proto level cost maybe 2 PG. Even compared to other sider arms it's ridiculously low. It's why I considered using them even before it was discovered how awesome they are. As a logi I liked to have my weapon cost as little as possible to leave more room for equipment and such.

That said it's kind of insane that a side arm is better than a light weapon. WIth dmg reduction due to shields and the smaller blast radius than it used to have the mass driver is kind of a joke. It also only has about 6-8 shots in a clip, while a flaylock has 3. Considering a flaylock both reloads faster and does more than double the dmg of a mass driver in splash dmg you can understand why the flaylock is so OP right now. A clip of flaylock can easilly kill most people, dealing over 600 dmg out in splash dmg alone.

A mass driver in response MIGHT do simular dmg, if all 6 shots hit but it takes far longer to unload all those rounds. I think the biggest way to tone down the flaylock is not to lower it's dmg, but lower it's rate of fire. Either put in a longer delay between shots or lower the clip size to 2 or something. So they have to reload to finish off just about any one who's not all ready hurt. But honestly the bigest problem isn't the flaylocks themselves but the scout suit using them. Their nearly impossible to hit and shield tanking is OP right now. We need some splash dmg AV weapons like a mass driver to take care of shield users. All we really have are flux gernades and laser rifles, neither that great at hitting a fast scout.

There is really not much you can do about the LAV's. Their too fast to get more than one or two shots at them before they run away and the higher end Logi Lav's have 3-4k hp and 40% or better dmg reduction. I have the 5 shot swarm launcher with 3 3% dmg mods on and I can barely even move their shields when I actually land a hit. I do more dmg to proto tanks than LAV's most of the time now. They can also run over an entire mine field of proximity mines as well, the best you can hope for is the explosion turns the car upside down and forces them to get out to try and flip it.
---
"That is not just scraping the bottom of the barrel, that is lifting the barrel up and poking some of the slimy sludge growing underneath the barrel."
#7Realtalk_CloverPosted 7/3/2013 12:01:14 PM(edited)
While im also of the opinion that the flaylock is grossly overpowered, i dont think you give the mass driver enough credit.

With the most recent patch, it got some great bug fixes and the almost total reversion of the splash radius nerf that occured in uprising.

Standard mass drivers got roughly a 25% splash range increase. Assault MDs got roughly a 35% splash range increase. Assault MDs now have a larger splash range than standard grenades, clocking in at 6.3 meter splash for ADV (i would assume, but i havent checked the numbers, that PRO assault mass driver has 6.6 or better, meaning equal or better to advanced grenades in splash range).

Also: There are no proto tanks currently available, we only have STD level basic tanks, and STD level enforcers.
#8carlos1879Posted 7/3/2013 12:32:55 PM
EX_Bortthog posted...
Thats nothing new lol

But the reason for Mass Driver spike is because the damn thing actually works now. The hit detection was fixed, its still a mediocre weapon in damage when you look at Flaylocks, but people will always use grenade launchers in every FPS.

Of course thats nothing compared to when Gal Pilot drops, there will be WAY less red line tanks and WAY more unkillable douchebags in Madrugars :/

Good news the dev's have confirmed that the pilot suit skills were only left in by mistake and the numbers are placeholders, the +2% to plates isn't to bad it was the 10% reduction in cool downs that worried me you could make a tank that had a constant repair going on which would be a bugger to kill.
#9EX_BortthogPosted 7/3/2013 4:17:36 PM
Good news the dev's have confirmed that the pilot suit skills were only left in by mistake and the numbers are placeholders, the +2% to plates isn't to bad it was the 10% reduction in cool downs that worried me you could make a tank that had a constant repair going on which would be a bugger to kill.

So were the Ferroscale and Reactive plates

That went well
---
#1 Cactus
#10Realtalk_CloverPosted 7/3/2013 4:44:58 PM
EX_Bortthog posted...
So were the Ferroscale and Reactive plates

That went well

To clarify, when the stats of the new armor plates were leaked in the E3 trailer, there was a large outcry of how the stats were pretty terrible, and how they wouldnt really change the armor paradigm. The developers were quick to respond about how the stats were not finalized, and that they were likely going to change based on the resulting feedback.

Ultimately the stats were not changed and now we have the worthless new plates while the shield users run around with their shiny new energizer module.

The truly sad part is the only good use the armor using community has found for the new plates is to use ferroscale to exploit a glitch in the speed calculation formula. However, you could just use a basic armor plate instead of a complex ferroscale for the purposes of this glitch and save like 39 CPU 13 PG at the low cost of 3% move speed.

I fully expect the pilot suit stats to remain the same when it finally gets released (which btw, is NOT going to be in 1.3 next month.