Michael Bay?

#1TheEndOfDreamsPosted 7/9/2013 7:13:58 AM
The sheer amount of mass drivers and flaylock pistols is getting ridiculous
---
The Spirit Of The Warrior Will Always Be With You
Kick This Player?
#2Realtalk_CloverPosted 7/9/2013 8:32:11 AM
I think the abundance of mass drivers is due to the fact that mass drivers were borderline useless in Uprising 1.0 and 1.1. A combination of an unjust nerf and atrocious hit-detection bugs made the weapon extremely weak.

Now that its actually useful again, former mass driver users are flocking back to it, and the big fuss that the mass driver community made on the official forums likely got the attention of many a player, and got them interested in trying them out. Then there are also the inevitable Flavor of the Month bandwagon guys using it just because it got buffed (even though its still weaker than it was in the Chromosome build that spanned the first half of 2013).
-

As for Flaylock pistols, that weapon is really, REALLY dumb. It does more damage per second at all time intervals than the mass driver, even though it has to reload twice as often (meaning that even while the flaylock is reloading, its damage per second values still outclass the mass driver, which is still firing), while being a much easier to use weapon, with extremely low fitting requirements (45 cpu 2 pg at prototype). Its a really overpowered weapon, being the best sidearm in the game, outclassing many light weapons, while also being the most cost efficient.
#3EX_BortthogPosted 7/9/2013 8:49:31 AM
Flaylock isn't as strong as you think, I need to direct hit anyone with 400+ shields 3 times in a row to break them with my Core Flaylock and any less will result in shields recharging, and relying on splash alone gets you nowhere due to it having 2.25 meter splash at max, which grenades have more splash

However if your aim is decent and theres armor around, Flaylock will seem overpowered. Its a ridiculous weapon for sure, but overpowered?
---
#1 Cactus
#4Lum_the_MadPosted 7/9/2013 11:49:25 AM
It's only OP because the flaylock is a side arm imo. If it was a light weapon, with a light weapon cost it would be fine. As a side arm it's a bit ridiculous. Though to get the real OP effect you have to put it on a scout suit.

Speed shield tanking is the way to stay alive in this game right now and the flaylock plays into that because it has the lowest required accuracy of any weapon. You only have to hit within 2m of a target to do roughly full dmg. That means scout suits can run jump and dodge to their hearts content and only have to fire at a targets general dirrection. Previously shotgun users and the like at least were required to get head shots to be truely effective.

Plus it's an AoE weapon, allowing a single scout to decimate an entire squad in one pass, instead of the single target a shotgun. Imo a side arm shouldn't be able to double or tripple kill so easily. It also has quite a few reloads worth of ammo on the thing, and unloads the clip really fast.

Personally I think it just needs to slow the RoF and it be fine, though it could use a boost in how much it cost to equip as well. Flaylocks cost NO power grid at all until the higher levels... it's insane.
---
"That is not just scraping the bottom of the barrel, that is lifting the barrel up and poking some of the slimy sludge growing underneath the barrel."
#5EX_BortthogPosted 7/9/2013 12:38:18 PM(edited)
the flaylock plays into that because it has the lowest required accuracy of any weapon.

Assault Mass Driver sez hi with 7.5 meter splash iirc, SMGs are spray n pray weapons, you shouldn't ADS a SMG unless they aren't moving n your 5 feet away. Core Flaylock has a 2.25 meter AoE, only possible way to multikill is if they are clumped together like idiots and trying to hit anything with half a brain isn't as easy as you think

Speed shield tanking is the way to stay alive in this game right now

If your bad yes, its how you live. Come try to kill my death wall of a Heavy when I'm being repped. It takes 7 people on average and I don't move just to taunt them. I also run low HP suits all the time because I don't need HP, I can aim a gun (foreign concept, I know)

Flaylocks cost NO power grid at all until the higher levels... it's insane.

Thats because Flaylocks suck ass until prototype
---
#1 Cactus
#6Realtalk_CloverPosted 7/9/2013 1:45:40 PM
Core flaylock costs less fitting resources than most standard light weaponry, while outperforming many. When a prototype weapon costs less fitting resources than a standard weapon, you know somethings wrong.

Assault mass driver does 1/3 the damage of a flaylock pistol. A Core Flaylock splash range of 2.5 (not 2.25, idk where you got that number, care to explain?) is quite significant when the weapon shoots straight and has a fast projectile speed.

Arguing damage vs shield stackers when shields are so grossly overpowered isnt exactly a fair assessment of the flaylock. I can damage the opponent with every single shell of my mass driver but their shields still wont break, and will regenerate at least half of the shields during my 4 second reload time. In this aspect the flaylock, while disadvantaged, is still leagues better than its light weapon cousin, the mass driver.
#7highsummoner1Posted 7/14/2013 11:52:08 AM
EX_Bortthog posted...
the flaylock plays into that because it has the lowest required accuracy of any weapon.

Assault Mass Driver sez hi with 7.5 meter splash iirc, SMGs are spray n pray weapons, you shouldn't ADS a SMG unless they aren't moving n your 5 feet away. Core Flaylock has a 2.25 meter AoE, only possible way to multikill is if they are clumped together like idiots and trying to hit anything with half a brain isn't as easy as you think

Speed shield tanking is the way to stay alive in this game right now

If your bad yes, its how you live. Come try to kill my death wall of a Heavy when I'm being repped. It takes 7 people on average and I don't move just to taunt them. I also run low HP suits all the time because I don't need HP, I can aim a gun (foreign concept, I know)

Flaylocks cost NO power grid at all until the higher levels... it's insane.

Thats because Flaylocks suck ass until prototype

it's OP. I know it. You know it. Everyone knows it. Let's just agree with something for a change and move on.
---
"Ye shall be as gods"
#8Lum_the_MadPosted 7/14/2013 11:57:00 AM
I would love for once that instead of making something weaker, they just make every thing else better. But gaming companies tend to go with what ever is easiest. A good way to make the flaylock less OP is give everyone more armor to work with. Heavies should have over 600 armor again without mods.
---
"That is not just scraping the bottom of the barrel, that is lifting the barrel up and poking some of the slimy sludge growing underneath the barrel."
#9highsummoner1Posted 7/14/2013 12:03:12 PM
I say make it a 2 shot clip. Like a little double barrel pistol where each one holds a cartridge. Leave the power and everything else then that'd be good for me.
---
"Ye shall be as gods"
#10Realtalk_CloverPosted 7/14/2013 12:15:29 PM
Lum_the_Mad posted...
I would love for once that instead of making something weaker, they just make every thing else better. But gaming companies tend to go with what ever is easiest. A good way to make the flaylock less OP is give everyone more armor to work with. Heavies should have over 600 armor again without mods.

Giving people more armor wont change the flaylock when a single flaylock shot does upwards of 300 damage to armor while doing a measly 167 against shields.

Its rather disgusting that the vast majority of the current weapons in dust do bonus damage against armor, which already has less health and less regeneration, while moving slower, compared to shields. Of the soon to be developed weapons, like 5/8 of them also do more damage against armor.