They took out the free starter car?

#1Lum_the_MadPosted 7/23/2013 12:37:07 AM
I know there been a bit of a problem with people using it to run people over since CCP buffed the HP on them, but come on! I just logged in today and noticed it said invalid fitting for vehicles... and said I had no more stock of the impact car. Considering it was a free blueprint since the game came out it's a bit of a shock. I heard nothing about this before hand.
---
"That is not just scraping the bottom of the barrel, that is lifting the barrel up and poking some of the slimy sludge growing underneath the barrel."
#2darthsniderPosted 7/23/2013 1:30:16 AM
If that's their way of "fixing" murder taxis, that's pretty pathetic. lol
---
PSN: Darth_Snider
#3Realtalk_CloverPosted 7/23/2013 1:43:12 AM
If they truely want to fix murder taxis, they need to just remove roadkills, cover the driver and passengers so they cant be shot, and make the turret worth a damn.

Suddenly, stopping to rep someone with the logi LAV, or parking so your turret gunner (who will now be more protected) can actually kill someone, will be a viable option to LAV drivers.

LAVs can then fill their intended roles of light fire support, remote repair, and transportation, without being mindless roadkill machines.

With those problems fixed, free blueprint LAVs for everyone will no longer be an issue.

Sadly simple fixes like this are too complicated for CCP, especially when their head of vehicle balancing is rumored to have quit / been fired.
#4EX_BortthogPosted 7/23/2013 2:42:23 AM
It however puts a strain now on non-LAV BPO users ISK, whereas before it was "call LAV, get wrecked, call LAV, get wrecked, call LAV, get wrecked, match end - 0 ISK used"
---
#1 Cactus
#5BigBOO2UPosted 7/23/2013 5:09:04 AM
I LOVE the murder taxi aspect of this game. I also always thought that the "free" LAV was a bit too generous. I like this CCP move for once. Keep murder taxis, make players pay for them.
#6EX_BortthogPosted 7/23/2013 8:55:34 AM
Also, Logi LAVs inherent rep to has like a 60 to 100 meter range, you just need a lock, you don't necessarily need to be still
---
#1 Cactus
#7Lum_the_Mad(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 1:18:52 PM
Another downside to this change is the dramatic drop of people calling in LAV's now. Sure the milita car is only 27k, but thats more than most new player's dropsuits. A big investiment for something that blows up pretty easily and it's not like you can plan to recall the car. You can't kick people out of your vehicles, and you can't recall while some stupid blueberry is in it either.

But the huge drop in vehicles on the map has hurt the AV weapons as well. Right now the best AV weapon is the forge gun because not only can an assult forge gun cut down most tanks in seconds, it is good VS infantry as well. It's hard to justify running a swarm launcher when you either see no vehicles at all, or their all logi lavs and the like which are nearly impossible to kill with a swarm launcher. It takes at least 2-3 shots to kill one, and on most maps their around the corner and gone before then.

Much the same problem with proximity mines, 750 explosive dmg is nothing to most high end vehicles and tanks move slow enough people can stop before setting off more than one or two. WIthout the low end LAV's to blow up it makes mines nearly useless.

The way thing are going CCP seems to want everyone to run assult riffles and assult suits. No vehicles, no exotic weapons... Sure you can, but slowly but surely CCP seems to be making it sucidial to do so.
---
"That is not just scraping the bottom of the barrel, that is lifting the barrel up and poking some of the slimy sludge growing underneath the barrel."
#8EX_BortthogPosted 7/23/2013 3:37:45 PM
Sure the milita car is only 27k

A big investiment for something that blows up pretty easily

Average game pays 200k to 250k

Thats 8 to 9 LAVs a game

My dropship costs over a million

Tell me what's "A big investiment for something that blows up pretty easily"
---
#1 Cactus
#9Lum_the_Mad(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 12:18:12 AM
You get about 200k a game if your at least in the top 5... a lot less than that if your not. Some times even if your number one you get 100k or less because everyone on the other team is afk or running free suits.

Still thats 27k for a bare bones car, and a free drop suit to drive it with. You might not lose 8 or 9 a match, but your hardly saving any money up to buy the more expensive stuff either. It's just a ploy by CCP to get more people to buy the packs with free LAV blue prints. It's not like it really impacts the murder taxi issue, as the best ones have always been people who put a skill points into LAV's.
---
#10BigBOO2UPosted 7/26/2013 12:57:47 PM
Then of course there is always the way to cheat to get millions of ISK every day in a matter of minutes...

Am I not supposed to talk about that?