They took out the free starter car?

#21EX_BortthogPosted 7/29/2013 11:56:26 PM
Far as I've been able to tell getting isk is dependent on your ranking on the team.

I MIGHT believe this if I myself weren't capable of generating literally 5000 to 6000 WP in Skirmish, putting me not only top of my rankings, but the LOBBY rankings, and still getting 600k to 700k ISK (my personal record being 978,200 ISK in Chromosome)

IF hypothetically ISK was ranking based, you could actually LOSE ISK by playing games on teams with qeue-synch pubstomps where you have an increased chance of getting a bad ranking based solely on your team despite performing the same as always, which would be counter-intuitive and flat up pants on head insane as a mechanic due to Dust being ISK driven
---
#1 Cactus
#22ILikesCheesePosted 7/30/2013 11:26:59 AM(edited)
EX_Bortthog posted...
This netted me 3 million ISK a day and took a total of about 20 minutes, just a little longer than an average Skirmish match that would only give you about 200-250K.

Heres where your math is wrong:

Average Skirmish is 20 minutes for (for consistency sake) 200k
Making alts takes 2 minutes for 200k
Deleting said alts takes 10 hours

So during those 10 hours, you get 30 Skirmish games, netting (for consistency sake) 6 million ISK, where you'd need to have 10 PSN alts with 3 characters each and roughly 11 hours for average PSN alt swap (12 times, main to every alt back to main), character deletion, character creation, character transfer, character deletion qeue

Its a mathematical waste of time, effort and server strain

This post is such a fail of logic I almost didn't want to reply.

BUT....my math has NOTHING to do with playing the game during the 10 hour deletion time Einstein. Good god, some of us do have jobs and lives you know? Playing this game daily for 10 hours would be insane!

Also, YOUR math is wrong. An average Skirmish match is about 15 minutes. I usually rake in between 150K and 250K in that time period, so that averages out to 200K. Also, a new character in the Dust universe comes with 250K free ISK, not 200K.

Back when I was playing this, I usually played for a little over an hour a night. About 20 minutes of that time was spent earning myself a quick 3 million ISK by cycling through 12 alt Dust characters across 4 PSN accounts. I don't know how slow you or your internet are, but I could cycle through all three Dust accounts on one PSN account in about five or six minutes tops. The rest of my time playing nightly was spent on about 3 Skirmish matches wherein I netted about 600K ISK and 15K SP. The numbers should state the obvious here.

Methinks you need to go back to school. Or stop playing video games all day and night long.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#23EX_BortthogPosted 7/30/2013 2:52:01 PM
They changed the starting ISK?

And internet speed has nothing to do with how fast your PS3 loads, which is the whole:
-swapping PS3 accounts
-loading Dust
-sitting thru Dust boot up
-picking character
-loading character
-donating ISK
-swapping character
-repeat
-delete characters
-start over

Almost 98% of this process is on your PS3s ability to load

Also: BUT....my math has NOTHING to do with playing the game during the 10 hour deletion time Einstein. Good god, some of us do have jobs and lives you know? Playing this game daily for 10 hours would be insane!

I was putting your very slow, very inefficient deletion method to contrast of actually playing the damn game and getting better results. But I suppose if you don't actually play the damn game your process works *rolls eyes

Back when I was playing this

So you don't currently play yet are willing to tell me how my math based upon averages of Dust is wrong?
---
#1 Cactus
#24BigBOO2UPosted 7/30/2013 6:22:35 PM
EX_Bortthog posted...
They changed the starting ISK?

The starting ISK has always been 250,000.

Or at least that is what it was and has been since I started the Beta last October.
#25BigBOO2UPosted 7/30/2013 6:28:53 PM
EX_Bortthog posted...
I was putting your very slow, very inefficient deletion method to contrast of actually playing the damn game and getting better results. But I suppose if you don't actually play the damn game your process works *rolls eyes

I play the game.

He's correct.

You are wrong.

Or perhaps angry at people who subjugate and exploit the precious EVE universe and overblown economic system this way.

Also, it is quite obvious that that poster has played the game, just no longer plays, or plays as often. Some people really have a hard time connecting dots while rolling their eyes.

Speeding through alternate PSN accounts will rack up millions of ISK in a fraction of the time it takes to earn them by actually playing the matches. Denying this simple fact is strange and somewhat pathetic, but to each their own.
#26BigBOO2UPosted 7/30/2013 7:06:06 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#27EX_BortthogPosted 7/30/2013 11:00:53 PM
I don't deny that he does, rather, did that, instead simply said its horribly inefficient to actually playing Dust, in which it is

If he were to seriously match the true ISK gain of playing Dust he'd need 10+ PSN alts, which is true no matter how you look at it. Even if Dust created characters have 250k but Skirmish is 200k on average it still shows a single Skirmish = a created character, and lowering Skirmishs average play length only widens that gap in my math

10 hours at 15 minutes a hour at 200k average = 800k a hour

Thats ALREADY a full PSN alt worth of characters, so the second hour four happens he'd need four PSN alts (3 characters an alt + the 2 free on his main would keep him above Skirmish for a bit) just to top the gain from playing Skirmish alone, ingoring playing Ambush because Ambush is a third as fast with similar average payout

Only reason I didn't calculate that is Ambush and Ambush OMS have been qeue mixed and Ambush OMS has 30 more clones increasing playtime by an average of 4 minutes
---
#1 Cactus
#28EX_BortthogPosted 7/31/2013 3:05:17 AM
For future reference, I originally calculated Skirmish average time INCLUDING battle qeue, battle load, warbarge, initial spawn, victory/defeat screen, results screen, load screen to MQ which adds to Skirmishs average time to fully complete
---
#1 Cactus
#29ILikesCheesePosted 7/31/2013 4:15:03 AM
EX_Bortthog posted...
I don't deny that he does, rather, did that, instead simply said its horribly inefficient to actually playing Dust, in which it is

EX_Bortthog posted...
10 hours at 15 minutes a hour at 200k average = 800k a hour

I mentioned earlier that the ten hours - a time I suppose you are arriving at from the time it takes to delete a clone - is not part of this equation. (Here, I'll even bold that sentence for you so you can see it better. You're welcome!) Therefore any statistic you arrive at using that time frame is not a part of this process. Those of us with lives and jobs and friends and other hobbies do not sit on the couch and play this game everyday for those marathon lengths.

People argue opinions on Gamefaqs all the time. When they start to make outlandish statements with easily provable facts and cold hard numbers, then it becomes a real head scratcher.

Here Borthog, maybe you can grasp this:

On an already created single alt PSN account, the time it takes to log in to Dust, create a character, enter the game with that character and switch the funds, exit to the menu and do that two more times to earn 750,000 ISK is under 10 minutes.

By comparison, a single Skirmish battle which takes about 15 minutes nets the "good" Dust player about 200,000 ISK, or the "average" Dust player about 150,000 ISK.

Now...this may come as a shock to you so hold on to your shorts....750,000 > 200,000.

Also, the definition of "efficient" is accomplishing the most in the least amount of time. Once again, for those with slightly lacking analytical skills, 750,000 in 10 minutes is the bigger piece of pie than 200,000 in 15 minutes.

Good grief. Some people on this website...

-
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#30EX_BortthogPosted 7/31/2013 4:31:50 PM
For starters, if you DON'T add those 10 hours to the equation your math becomes wrong

Does it take 10 minutes to do all your stuff? Sure why not. How long between your 10 minutes interval? 10. Damn. Hours.

Its like saying I get to eat a pot roast I cooked in 10 minutes. How long did you take to cook said pot roast? 4 hours? What happened in those 4 hours? They don't matter?

Your method is for people who don't feel like playing the game. Its not about having "a life", which is a defense mechanism people present when their way of life is different and they cant grasp that other ways of life exist.

I worked to buy my PS3. Why is using my electronics I earned via labor on my down time NOT "a life"? Have you even considered I might not HAVE anything to do some days, like my off days or days my friends work? Or that all my favorite local joints closed and the nearest card shop is 40 miles?

No because your "life" is obviously the right way and no others exist
---
#1 Cactus