sniping help

#21Lady_VinlandPosted 8/5/2013 10:46:09 AM
Let's give this a try:
- Situational awareness, my son.
- If the squad you're targeting starts changing their behaviour, chances are they're triangulating your position and will be paying you a visit shortly.
- Check match boards for known snipers and monitor kill feed.
Did I already mention, situational awareness?
- Reload and regen eHP behind cover.
- Reasonably advance with the action in order to remain an asset to your team, even if it means taking a detour to the other side of a map whilst braving murder taxis.
- Never stay in scope longer then a single magazine, even if it's a TAC variant.
- The info given by the TacNet when you're counter-sniped is invaluable, because it more or less reveals the sniper's location. With a little intuitiveness, you'll spot them before they can react.
- Think of placing uplinks in areas which be advantage to your team and not just yourself.
- Finally, situational awareness.
#22deadly_shotz(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2013 9:45:19 PM
When sniping remember to keep and eye on your mini map

you do. i can easily sneak up on a sniper with a scrambler pistol and eaasily headshot them.
---
---I am the shadows. fast, and unnoticed. can i apply as an assassin?
#23deadly_shotz(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2013 9:53:01 PM
Let's give this a try:

i have awsome situational awareness by the way. i place uplinks in the mountains and nanohives and remote explosives behind known cover and go for head or chest shots. im an awsome sniper all i need is a charge sniper rifle and ill be unstoppable as far as counter sniping. situational awareness? pssssh.
---
#24Lady_VinlandPosted 8/7/2013 7:45:10 AM
deadly_shotz posted...
Let's give this a try:

i have awsome situational awareness by the way. i place uplinks in the mountains and nanohives and remote explosives behind known cover and go for head or chest shots. im an awsome sniper all i need is a charge sniper rifle and ill be unstoppable as far as counter sniping. situational awareness? pssssh.

Question first:
Why did you make all these sniper related threads if you're already the sniping elite of New Eden?

Little bit of advice:
Nanohives and uplinks show up on the TacNet map shortly after you deploy them, even if you and your Thale's are chilling in the redzone. Your equipment will be displayed and thus a general idea of your covert location.

Closing Remarks:
Home on the mountain range... Good thing there are not fast suits capable of SCOUTing the mountains (most conventional place for sniping) and quickly dispatching snipers with a shot gun to the head or nova knife to the back.
Remote explosives. Hmmm, if only there was some kind of grenade that kind destroy RE's and equipement. Perhaps, something that causes their electronics to FLUXuciate.
Charge variant equals unstoppable... Yeah, who cares about the damage resistance for rail gun weaponry and Dust's meta? At least, there will be plenty of militia suit kills to pad your KDR.
Interesting fact, the length of time it takes to build a charge is enough for a counter sniper to empty a magazine of the TAC variant into you.
#25deadly_shotz(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2013 11:29:46 AM
what i meant is when the enemy is predictable im awsome.
---