is PS Move worth it for Dust?

#1Toho2Posted 8/6/2013 5:52:01 PM
I've played Wii for a long time and I know for a fact it's better to have motion aiming rather than thumb sticks for precise shots. So..is PS Move worth it for playing Dust?
---
-God have mercy on America.-
#2Realtalk_CloverPosted 8/6/2013 5:56:56 PM
I dont use PS Move, but i imagine it would be horrible with Dust 514.

The suits each have different turn rate limits, and adding armor plates further hinders your turn speed, i dont think the sights would line up with where you aim the PS Move
#3carlos1879Posted 8/6/2013 6:00:54 PM
I tried it and the aiming was surprisingly good. However switching equipment/activating vehicle modules forces your character to come to a complete standstill. Which for me was a huge downside I play as a logi and being forced to stop still when changing equipment just felt wrong to me.
#4Lum_the_MadPosted 8/6/2013 11:27:14 PM
The PS Move is rather fun to use but if your looking for the most percise way to play I'd try a keyboard and mouse. You will still suffer in changing equipment or activating vehicle mods but most regular dropsuits will be okay.

Over all if you don't have one already I probably would not buy a Move. There are a not a lot of games that support it, and even less that use it effectively. With the PS4 pretty much in play I doubt many companies are going to go out of their way to develop more games for the PS3 Move.
---
"That is not just scraping the bottom of the barrel, that is lifting the barrel up and poking some of the slimy sludge growing underneath the barrel."
#5nogaemsPosted 8/24/2013 5:40:04 PM
dust and kz3 are the only good games with Move that I've played (idk about co go). it's only worth it if you plan on spending a lot of time on either of those games
---
hentai
#6EX_BortthogPosted 8/24/2013 9:09:30 PM
As a veteran OTR arcade shooter player I can say the Move is crap from my experiences

The only system to get it close is the Wii, because I can play Ghost Squad, House of the Dead, RE Chronicles almost as fast n accurate as in arcades

I know Dust isn't an OTR shooter but if the Move can't keep up with me in Time Crisis Dust wouldn't be able to. Having to recalibrate every 30 minutes because the game can't keep up is highly annoying, and I'm not about to slow down just to play a game genre designed around speed and accuracy. -__-''
---
#1 Cactus
#7nogaemsPosted 8/25/2013 7:04:14 PM
EX_Bortthog posted...
I know Dust isn't an OTR shooter but if the Move can't keep up with me in Time Crisis Dust wouldn't be able to.

no that just means you're not good with pointer controls.

lol
---
hentai
#8Lum_the_MadPosted 8/29/2013 9:06:31 AM
What I always found funny is if you want something like an old fashioned light gun you not only have to buy the move, you have to buy the little plastic gun shaped toy it's put into. The price may vary depending in what model you get but I saw one of the official PS3 models at Fred Myer the other day on sale for 29.99.

Pretty expensive for something that basically just holds your move, with a few buttons transfered to the trigger and such.
---
"That is not just scraping the bottom of the barrel, that is lifting the barrel up and poking some of the slimy sludge growing underneath the barrel."
#9EX_BortthogPosted 8/29/2013 2:04:44 PM
Pretty expensive for something that basically just holds your move, with a few buttons transfered to the trigger and such.

Its more then that. It recreates the feeling of the arcade version and allows drastically increased response time and allows things that aren't humanly possible on a controller, such as dumping a 7 shot clip in a set of 3 n 4 on both sides of the screen then reloading by aiming off screen n firing in roughly 1.5 to 2 seconds

A controller wouldn't allow that because you'd need to move the cursor via analog stick to one side, dump the 3, move it to the other while not overshooting it, dump 4, reload. You'd need the analog cursor to not be ridiculously sensitive or you'd miss everything and you can't move it as fast n accurately as simply tilting your wrist 30 degrees right and firing

tl dr; Player OTRS w/o a lightgun is painful and not as fun
---
#1 Cactus