What are the chances of us..

#1xrxleaderPosted 8/13/2013 9:35:36 PM
Getting another chance to respec are SP? I missed it in May and I'm just not too happy with how my guys turning out haha. I hope there is a chance to do it again, what do you guys think?
---
PSN-XRXLEADER
Mortal Kombat: Sektor, Kenshi. SFxT: Lars/Yoshimitsu SCV: Raphael.
#2BeefBonesPosted 8/14/2013 12:47:04 AM
Best chance is maybe for the 1.4 build next month. When they change all the logi bonuses Im sure they will get hit with tons of complaints, which may lead to a respec.

Other than that I dont know if a better chance will come along for a while since they seem to be too stubborn to accept that a lot of people want respecs.
#3Toho2Posted 8/14/2013 7:43:15 AM
BeefBones posted...
When they change all the logi bonuses

Great. Screw the Logi over CCP!
---
-God have mercy on America.-
#4STT_ZidanePosted 8/14/2013 9:20:24 AM
Logis are the best role in the game
---
Now Playing:
Dust 514, UMvC3
#5Realtalk_CloverPosted 8/14/2013 2:28:27 PM(edited)
Logis arent even a real role.

Logis have no place in competitive play as actual logistical support. Slaying is the only thing that matters in Dust, and no amount of support will make up for the lesser ability to slay enemies. The only reason logistics have been staying afloat is their ability to stack health in all their slots to achieve health on-par with Assaults.

Militia (read: weakest) AR does 425 DPS, the best repair tool heals 105 HP/s

Nanite injector is worthless in the current explosives meta-game, and with the Shields 514 meta-game going on, upgrading injector is almost pointless.

Nanohives are lackluster post-nerf, with prototype being equal to advaned in ammo restoration, the only advantage being ability to carry more nanohives. Triage hives are a unique option, but again, Shields 514. Assaults can easily carry these.

Remote explosives and proximity mines are plagued with many bugs, some of which make them better, some of which make them worse. They can easily be carried by a scout, and utilized better due to scouts higher mobility.

Drop uplinks are extremely overpowered, as they dodged the nerfbat of uprising that destroyed low tier items to force people to spend SP for advanced or better. These can be easily carried by scouts or assault, and better utilized by both because of superior mobility.

Active scanner is extremely buggy, rewards no points for using it, and CCP is looking at TACMAP data not being shared between players, so that would weaken it even more.

In the case of nanohives, remote explosive, drop uplinks, and nanite injectors, upgrading them is really inefficient, SP and CPU/PG wise, so its best to leave them at low levels. This means that non-logis can get up to 90% of the effectiveness out of these items.

At the end of the day, logi is just a variation of the assault, with lower base stats but more fitting flexibility. Theres little to nothing a logi can bring to the table that cannot be brought by the many assaults in the team.

Edit: its extremely laughable that in many cases, upgrading your equipment as a logi REDUCES your war point earnings, thus making you earn less SP and ISK, but spending much more SP and ISK on your suit than any other player in the match.
#6xrxleader(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2013 5:48:16 PM
I just hope we get the chance. I haven't played in like 6 months, when I got back into it I had sooooo many points. I just put it into a bunch of different things without thinking.. now that I understand what's important now I just wanna respec them and do it all right this time lol.
---
PSN-XRXLEADER
#7deadly_shotzPosted 8/15/2013 12:02:36 PM
respec means to restart the sp and isk? what i mean is u keep them but you dont have any skill points put into anything??? uif so i believe that dust should have a button in the skills tab of the menu.
---
---I am the shadows. fast, and unnoticed. can i apply as an assassin?
#8xrxleader(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 2:27:04 PM
deadly_shotz posted...
respec means to restart the sp and isk? what i mean is u keep them but you dont have any skill points put into anything??? uif so i believe that dust should have a button in the skills tab of the menu.

Yeah that's what it means, you think there is?
---
PSN-XRXLEADER
#9Lum_the_MadPosted 8/15/2013 9:32:33 PM(edited)
One of the things I've really noticed as a logi since uprising is they made it way more important to destroy equipment. Pretty much every time some one comes across a nanohive they blow it up. Before with milia nanohives being both cheap and effective there wasn't much point, everyone was putting them down.

Now you spend thousands of SP into nanohives and maybe 50k on equiping a good hive just for it to be blown up within seconds to explosive weapons like the flaylock or the instant equipment destroyer aka flux gernades. Which wouldn't be so bad if they didn't make it so hard to restock your equipment. Even the ones like remote explosives that can be refilled through a nanohive seem to drain the hive really quickly, just like you were restocking gernades.

Never mind the bugy fact that about a third of the time you use any piece of equipment it lands wrong some how and self destructs with no effect but still depletes your inventory. Pretty harsh for some of the nanohives like the compact which only have a single use.
---
"That is not just scraping the bottom of the barrel, that is lifting the barrel up and poking some of the slimy sludge growing underneath the barrel."
#10carlos1879Posted 8/16/2013 8:48:03 AM(edited)
Realtalk_Clover posted...
Logis arent even a real role.

I beg to disagree with some of these points. For example.

Militia (read: weakest) AR does 425 DPS, the best repair tool heals 105 HP/s - Very true but if your repping someone as they are getting shot they have a higher chance of survival and that DPS can only be achieved with perfect accuracy. Also for example a heavy defending a doorway with a 105hp/s tool on them while standing in a triage hive can become pretty powerful and the logi helping gets lots of triage and guardian points allowing more orbitals.

Nanite injector is worthless in the current explosives meta-game, and with the Shields 514 meta-game going on, upgrading injector is almost pointless. - Yes insta bleedout is annoying but my logi has 4 equipment slots so while I may not always use the needle thanks to the skill for it also being used for hives its not wasted SP. Heavies and gallente players in particular have high armour and armour is also getting buffed so having a injector that revives them at 80% health may lead to less WP from triage but in PC in particular it is invaluable to have people at top performance ASAP. Although on shield tankers it is pretty much pointless to have an upgraded one as it doesn't make a lot of difference apart from saving the guy you revived some ISK.

Nanohives are lackluster post-nerf, with prototype being equal to advaned in ammo restoration, the only advantage being ability to carry more nanohives. Triage hives are a unique option, but again, Shields 514. Assaults can easily carry these. - As above triage hives can make a heavies day and logis can carry multiple hives so I can drop triage hives and normal in fallback points without changing suits which an assault would have to do.

Remote explosives and proximity mines are plagued with many bugs, some of which make them better, some of which make them worse. They can easily be carried by a scout, and utilized better due to scouts higher mobility. - Proxies are weirdly glitched allot RE's slightly less so. There are 3 types of RE's though and they can be detonated individually so if you use STD at one objective ADV at another and Pro at a 3rd one logi can defend 3 points and choose which point to detonate something a scout or assault cant do they have to detonate all at once. This is really good especially in pub matches where most dont check for RE's.

Drop uplinks are extremely overpowered, as they dodged the nerfbat of uprising that destroyed low tier items to force people to spend SP for advanced or better. These can be easily carried by scouts or assault, and better utilized by both because of superior mobility. A gal or min logi can carry four different types of these and like RE's as long as they are different types they can be placed without getting rid of the others, at proto level this equates to one logi providing up to 9 uplinks on the field at once.

Active scanner is extremely buggy, rewards no points for using it, and CCP is looking at TACMAP data not being shared between players, so that would weaken it even more. - Agreed its crap.

In the case of nanohives, remote explosive, drop uplinks, and nanite injectors, upgrading them is really inefficient, SP and CPU/PG wise, so its best to leave them at low levels. This means that non-logis can get up to 90% of the effectiveness out of these items. - Just a quick point most is covered above but STD hives are about 33% of proto so its worth upgrading them especially since proto you can have 3 out at a time STD just 1.

its extremely laughable that in many cases, upgrading your equipment as a logi REDUCES your war point earnings, thus making you earn less SP and ISK, but spending much more SP and ISK on your suit than any other player in the match. - Agreed but this has been fixed somewhat for rep tools using a higher level tool gives the same amount now. When it doesn't glitch anyway.