What are the chances of us..

#11carlos1879Posted 8/16/2013 9:57:21 AM(edited)
Also couldn't fit this on the end but in pub matches I run ADV at most and only use PRO for PC I do get less WP from revives and triage in my PRO suit thanks to bringing people back at 80% armour but in PC getting people back into the fight at top efficiency ASAP overrules my need for WP. Bearing this in mind in pub games in a squad I often manage to earn an oribital from my WP alone leading my team to have quite a few and although I have yet to earn an orbital from my WP alone in PC I have come very close and I have never finished below 3rd in any of my PC matches. Including against TP and against IE where in that match I would have finished top of the score board on either team.

TL:DR. Logi's do have a place.

EDIT actually I did finish about 6th or 7th in my first PC match but that was mainly because there was nothing to do the enemy team were so bad we wiped out their 150 clones and they managed to only take out around 25 of ours and about half a dozen of those kills they got were from a dodgy friendly orbital. But this match was so one sided our only guy to break 1k WP was a forge gunner dealing with their tank spam, they kept calling in a tank at the same spot and he kept blowing it up as it landed and sure enough a few seconds later they tried again he got about 9 tanks that match.
#12Toho2Posted 8/16/2013 4:42:02 PM
STT_Zidane posted...
Logis are the best role in the game

Which is why CCP wants screw them over. Uhh I wish CCP would stop patching things, and start fixing the few problems in the game.
---
-God have mercy on America.-
#13darthsniderPosted 8/16/2013 5:58:42 PM
Toho2 posted...
BeefBones posted...
When they change all the logi bonuses

Great. Screw the Logi over CCP!

Because the Logi is sooo underpowered.
Most CPU/PG, most slots, most equipment....but apparently shouldn't be tweaked. Right.
---
PSN: Darth_Snider
#14Realtalk_CloverPosted 8/16/2013 10:34:46 PM
I like how everyone always conveniently ignores the downsides of the logi

Less base health than the assault, meaning they have to spend some of their extra cpu, pg, and extra slots to equalize the health gap.

Slower, have less stamina, and less stamina regeneration than assaults, making them much easier targets to hit and take much longer to travel from point to point.

Lower shield regeneration stats than assaults.

Logis lack a sidearm, arguably one of the best possible slots to have on a suit. In the time it takes me to reload my ONE weapon, an SMG or scrambler pistol could put out enough damage to drop a heavy.
-

For all these downsides, what do logis get in return? Extra CPU and PG, a good chunk of which is used to get health on par with other suits, Extra mod slots, which again, generally go to health modules to get health on par with other suits, and extra equipment slots, which mean little in the meta-game currently, as any equipment combination a logi can bring can be collectively brought by the ~10 assault players that will be on the team.
#15BigBOO2UPosted 8/17/2013 11:07:02 AM
darthsnider posted...
Toho2 posted...
BeefBones posted...
When they change all the logi bonuses

Great. Screw the Logi over CCP!

Because the Logi is sooo underpowered.
Most CPU/PG, most slots, most equipment....but apparently shouldn't be tweaked. Right.

It is nice to have true variance, not everything the same. More slots for logi suits, but less armor and HP.

I too have grown tired of CCP constantly re-tweeking everything in this game from weapons to vehicles to suits while not making the changes or advancement in gameplay that fans have been asking for. At this point it is more of a pain to learn what works how, only to have it be changed again in a few weeks or months.

Because of that, I have quit this game.
---
Who knew that failing to put a "?" at the end of a sentence will bring down the wrath of the Mods on you for "Trolling" ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
#16carlos1879Posted 8/17/2013 5:37:53 PM
Realtalk_Clover posted...
I like how everyone always conveniently ignores the downsides of the logi

Less base health than the assault, meaning they have to spend some of their extra cpu, pg, and extra slots to equalize the health gap.

Slower, have less stamina, and less stamina regeneration than assaults, making them much easier targets to hit and take much longer to travel from point to point.

Lower shield regeneration stats than assaults.

Logis lack a sidearm, arguably one of the best possible slots to have on a suit. In the time it takes me to reload my ONE weapon, an SMG or scrambler pistol could put out enough damage to drop a heavy.
-

For all these downsides, what do logis get in return? Extra CPU and PG, a good chunk of which is used to get health on par with other suits, Extra mod slots, which again, generally go to health modules to get health on par with other suits, and extra equipment slots, which mean little in the meta-game currently, as any equipment combination a logi can bring can be collectively brought by the ~10 assault players that will be on the team.

Yes Logis have downsides I dont think anyone would say they dont. However having one guy carrying 3 types of equipment (4 at proto) is a real bonus yes 3-4 assaults could do that job but thats 3-4 guys supporting when you could have 2-3 of those attacking/defending and using one type of equipment I can see people not wanting to run logi. However I dont get when people say they aren't viable 3 assaults can do the job of one logi when the opposite is true as well 1 logi can offer as much equipment as multiple assaults.
#17EX_BortthogPosted 8/21/2013 12:02:19 AM
stuff carlos1879 put

Heres where your logic falls over, and is a common tactic:

-Full squad of assaults join a match
-They ALL select half decent suits with uplinks
-They begin mass dropping uplinks
-They just fulfilled a Logis role because they NO LONGER NEED UPLINKS and swap to nanohives

Uplink spam is an extremely annoying yet extremely effective tactic anyone not Heavy can do with no SP requirements. Red Star does that **** all day and gets away with it because even if they can't stay alive we can't hold off a neverending wall of meat inching forward spawning as fast as they die while dropping uplinks every three feet
---
#1 Cactus
#18carlos1879Posted 8/21/2013 12:46:18 AM
Again 2-3 logis can drop as many uplinks as an entire team of assaults and I have seen it done in both pubs and PC you get fast scouts into the citys some speed tanked logis dropping uplinks just behind these guys then your assaults/heavys spawn on said uplinks. This saves having to change suits at a resupply depot as they are usually a tankers first target after turrets, and if say for example you use the assault only idea and you cant get to a resupply depot because the enemy has it you are facing possible proto guys with crap suits till you die giving them an initial advantage.

Also with the multiple equipment slots a logi is a mobile wp farm which is incredibly useful in PC matches. Plus if every assault comes in with hives who picks people up who repairs people, and what if some flux's/an OB destroys your uplinks what do you do go change suits again? In PC I run around dropping uplinks in key places repping people who need it and reviving them supplying ammo and killing people all in one suit without the need to change it.

Just out of curiosity how many PC matches have you been in? did your team field no logi's?

Just throwing this out there as well, tonight I was in 3 PC matches tonight 2 against TP and 1 against RND I may not have finished with the best KDR in all 3 matches (did in one though lol.) But in each match tonight I was atleast top of my team for WP simply because I was doing the support work using my equipment that would have taken 4 assaults.