I go away for a few weeks

#1EX_BortthogPosted 8/20/2013 10:51:26 PM
And hear about HMGs getting nerfed?

WTF is up with recoil reduction for heat? Bullet dispersion would have been a reasonable trade because this shafts burst HMGs hard >:/

Also I'm back so hooray
---
#1 Cactus
#2carlos1879Posted 8/20/2013 11:49:26 PM
On the bright side they are supposedly fixing the hit detection for it as well you never know it might not be too bad.
#3Toho2Posted 8/21/2013 10:17:09 AM
Heavies and the HMG are nerfed too much already. CCP?!
---
-God have mercy on America.-
#4EX_Bortthog(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 7:44:27 PM
On the bright side they are supposedly fixing the hit detection for it as well you never know it might not be too bad

Except HMGs don't actually HAVE recoil once you learn to HMG stuff

Much like all other guns letting go of the trigger resets recoil to 0, BUT the HMG also keeps itself spooled up so its as accurate as you had it, making HMGs MORE accurate

Removing the -25% heat means I can't HMG as long for a bonus thats completely useless to experienced HMG users. The best comparison I can make is Assault Scrambler Rifles

ASRs don't going to benefit from Scrambler Rifle Op AT ALL, now HMGs won't either >_<
---
#1 Cactus
#5carlos1879Posted 8/23/2013 5:13:21 AM
Patch notes are up.

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=104023&find=unread

Ironically about the above scrambler rifle operations has been changed to benefit ASCR's now. But as a nice buff for heavies they have removed the turning speed slow down on heavy suits so a heavy can turn like a scout in 1.4.
#6Realtalk_CloverPosted 8/23/2013 10:26:32 AM
The new bonus still doesnt give much benefit to AScR.

You had to shoot almost two full magazines back to back with no pause in order to overheat. The new bonus looks quite splendid for the regular scrambler though
#7carlos1879Posted 8/23/2013 6:23:45 PM
Realtalk_Clover posted...
The new bonus still doesnt give much benefit to AScR.

You had to shoot almost two full magazines back to back with no pause in order to overheat. The new bonus looks quite splendid for the regular scrambler though

Supposedly that was a glitch and the ASCR was meant to overheat more often and its getting fixed in 1.4.
#8Realtalk_CloverPosted 8/23/2013 7:54:46 PM
Making the AScR overheat much faster then giving it a passive to reduce heat gain is still a net nerf.