Decided to give this game a try.

#1Boltman35Posted 8/30/2013 8:34:02 PM
I was reading through so many threads and the recent patches & upcoming one as well and I've yet to even create a character.

I was hoping someone could give me a few suggestions as to what type of things I might want to do to make the transition to playing this as simple as possible.

I see this game supports M&KB as well so if any suggestions regarding that as well.

I know this game is nothing like Defiance but I have been playing that game the most prior to now giving this a shot. Not that it matters but I thought I'd throw in that info as well.
#2STT_ZidanePosted 8/30/2013 10:58:33 PM
If you haven't even created a character I suggest you use a recruit link to make one, you get a free Assault Rifle that you do not have to restock so its a nice bonus:

https://dust514.com/recruit/6OJE1N/

Also included is a 7day Active SP booster so you get SP faster (the points you spend to upgrade your skills), though I suggest you wait until next weekend to activate, SP Bonus Weekend and such.

KB/M is supported in this game there is apparently minor problems associated with it, but Patch 1.4 coming September 3rd addresses these problems, so I'm not sure how to answer your question, lol

One thing about this game, this is not a game you can just pick up and go (at least after you leave the newbie grounds), don't give up. If you were into MAG, you will find similarities between the two games.
---
Now Playing:
Dust 514, UMvC3
#3Boltman35(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 11:47:22 PM
STT_Zidane posted...
If you haven't even created a character I suggest you use a recruit link to make one, you get a free Assault Rifle that you do not have to restock so its a nice bonus:

https://dust514.com/recruit/6OJE1N/

Also included is a 7day Active SP booster so you get SP faster (the points you spend to upgrade your skills), though I suggest you wait until next weekend to activate, SP Bonus Weekend and such.

KB/M is supported in this game there is apparently minor problems associated with it, but Patch 1.4 coming September 3rd addresses these problems, so I'm not sure how to answer your question, lol

One thing about this game, this is not a game you can just pick up and go (at least after you leave the newbie grounds), don't give up. If you were into MAG, you will find similarities between the two games.

Thank you so much for all the helpful info!

So don't click the link you supplied to create my character till after the patch? Or do I click it and make him now but wait for the patch to use him?

Again, many thanks.
#4STT_ZidanePosted 8/31/2013 12:54:42 AM
Your primary character has Passive SP activated, this allows your character to gain SP without playing the game, so you're better off using the link to create the character now, as you'll get an additional 4 days of Passive SP
---
Now Playing:
Dust 514, UMvC3
#5Boltman35(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 5:58:52 AM
STT_Zidane posted...
Your primary character has Passive SP activated, this allows your character to gain SP without playing the game, so you're better off using the link to create the character now, as you'll get an additional 4 days of Passive SP

Will do.

Glad to see you're one of the few GF users who checks the thread he posts in.

Posting in here and helping me out was much appreciated.
#6STT_ZidanePosted 8/31/2013 4:27:22 PM
:)
---
Now Playing:
Dust 514, UMvC3
#7Boltman35(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 4:38:05 PM
Are there servers with this game?

Reason I ask is I was wondering which one you're on if there are. also do the races makes a difference?

I used your link as a referral and it said for step one to register and link my soe account to the page and I did, but once I did that it didn't go into the next steps. It just went to the character creation page, I don't think I got the bonuses =(
#8STT_ZidanePosted 8/31/2013 6:51:37 PM
I play on the North American servers, but for now I can't play because my ps3 just YLOD'd earlier today while playing this game :(

Races at the moment does not contribute to anything except your free Starter Fits, choosing the other races still allows you to recreate the other races' Starter Fits but they will not be free (you will have to pay ingame currency)

Did you go ingame? Because it should work, you'll know if it works when you login your character ingame, there should be a item redemption screen with the "Recruit Assault Rifle" and the Booster, if not try going in your Assets when you get to your Merc Quarters and see if you can find it there
---
Now Playing:
Dust 514, UMvC3
#9obliviondollPosted 9/2/2013 4:33:55 AM
The game doesn't separate players by server.

If you're in America, the game will preferentially try to find you games on the NA server, but if there aren't enough players, you'll be thrown into EU, or Asian, or Oceanic servers, whichever has enough players to put together a full match.

So yes, there are servers, but you aren't limited by server. If you get a laggy game, it's usually because you're not on the best server for your connection.
---
"I want my meals to think for myself"