Do people still play this?

#1RealWrecklessPosted 8/31/2013 3:47:31 PM
I was kinda thinking of downloading it again and jumping in, but it seems like this games fell off the map.
---
PS4 = Game Machine. Xbox One = Watercooler
#2Lum_the_MadPosted 8/31/2013 5:53:52 PM
Maybe with the newest patch people might come back. but honestly the player base has been dropping pretty fast in the last month or two. You can still pretty much always get a match but the quality of your team will probably suffer. Frankly I think that is why the latest update let you fianlly que up for more than one type of map at once, so it's easier to get a team together.

The main problem is they also talked about increasing how long you wait to deploy in hopes of filling up a team. Frankly I already thought that the 1-2 min deployment wait was too much. Add in the loading times for the various screen's and your almost spending more time waiting to play than playing quicker games like the ambush matches. Never mind the anoyance of joining a match in progress that is almost over.
---
"That is not just scraping the bottom of the barrel, that is lifting the barrel up and poking some of the slimy sludge growing underneath the barrel."
#3ILikesCheesePosted 9/22/2013 3:43:00 PM
I played this steadily between November and June.

Haven't booted it up since summer started, and have no real inclination to go back anytime soon. Just thought I'd stop by the forum here to see if anything new and shocking had happened. Update 1.4 and longer loading times? Looks like I haven't missed much.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#4EX_BortthogPosted 9/22/2013 5:00:25 PM
Longer load times?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh you mean day 1 of 1.4 which CCP immediately fixed and now you wait roughly 4 seconds to join a game
---
#1 Cactus
#5obliviondollPosted 9/24/2013 2:50:36 AM
Yeah, the load time issue was fixed within 24 hours for most, and about 48 for the hardest-hit people.

I play at really varied times, usually mid-week, and rarely, if ever, have trouble finding a match (although sometimes they're a bit empty). The game isn't seeing huge blockbuster numbers, but there's almost always more than 4000 simultaneous players online. That's more than enough to keep the game alive.
---
"I want my meals to think for myself"
#6Realtalk_CloverPosted 9/24/2013 11:44:23 AM
At this point i only play upon request by friends.

The skill system is too restrictive, playing the same thing day in and day out gets boring. I refuse to grind for 3 months to be competitive in another playstyle, and CCP broke the one thing i really truely enjoyed about my playstyle (herp derp choices matter).
#7ILikesCheesePosted 9/26/2013 6:32:01 AM
obliviondoll posted...
Yeah, the load time issue was fixed within 24 hours for most, and about 48 for the hardest-hit people.....there's almost always more than 4000 simultaneous players online.

Good to know you don't have to wait five plus minutes to load a game, but that's a large drop off in numbers from late spring when the game officially launched.

Dust 514 was a great idea and I think CCP did an excellent job with it, but after a couple of hundred matches there is really just NOTHING left to the game. Unlike in EVE, where you can go solo and build a monster starship if you wish, in Dust there is no room to really grow as an individual player. Even if you join a Corp, the planetary conquest thing gets repetitive and real old, real fast, with only the illusion of true empire building.

The same can be said of any game I suppose, but such a complaint is especially bad for an ongoing pseudo-MMORPGFPS.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#8nogaemsPosted 9/27/2013 9:12:08 PM
that's because the stat grinding, etc. is really just a gimmick for an fps with no actual substance.
---
(hentai)