1.4 May have just killed Dust for me

#1Realtalk_CloverPosted 9/3/2013 1:29:07 PM
Log on, try to join a match, immediately realize we can no longer pick which game mode we want to play, which was the biggest complaint CCP recieved about the battle academy.

I join a match, 3v3 ambush on a gigantic map. Removal of ally markers meant finding the few teammates i had was impossible. Removal of shared scanning information means i couldnt find any enemies that my allies were engaging in.

I roamed around for 10 minutes and only got into one engagement. Eventually everyone ended up bringing out Logi LAVs, myself included

In the process of playing bumper cars, noone knew how much health the enemy vehicle had because you dont get target information unless you are aiming directly at them now

With the removal of target information, repairing teammates is a massive chore.

The one time i got out of my logi LAV and tried out a firefight, my mass driver went 8/8 on dud shots, doing no damage at all.

In 15 minutes, maybe 7 people died. I earned 4100 SP, mostly from passive battle-time. In the upcoming SP event that starts tomorrow, i would have lost 1100 potential SP due to the terrible parameters of the event.

How can CCP mess up this badly? I understand they are having matchmaking issues, but this goes deeper than just matchmaking issues
#2bastard247Posted 9/3/2013 2:06:29 PM
Oh, it's horrid. You have a full squad, you pick to start a skirmish and 5 minutes later you end up in an ambush with half your squad missing. This game is like an episode of the twilight zone
---
PSN: SolomonGrungy
http://romanforum.b1.jcink.com/
#3Realtalk_Clover(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 2:26:18 PM
So my friend is playing domination on ashland right now (the map with the girders that overlook a good portion of the map, that are accessible by big ladders)

Apparently the two girders are fully connected now, which is kind of neat.

This is until you realize it now blocks the null cannon, which means that the B null cannon in skirmish and the A null cannon in domination are completely useless.

Domination on ashland is now a super-long ambush, for all intents and purposes, as the null cannon cannot damage MCCs, the projectile it fires hits the girder above it and explodes, the only MCC damage will come from the MCCs themselves firing at each other.
#4RioleusPosted 9/3/2013 2:33:47 PM
Realtalk_Clover posted...
So my friend is playing domination on ashland right now (the map with the girders that overlook a good portion of the map, that are accessible by big ladders)

This is until you realize it now blocks the null cannon, which means that the B null cannon in skirmish and the A null cannon in domination are completely useless.

Domination on ashland is now a super-long ambush, for all intents and purposes, as the null cannon cannot damage MCCs, the projectile it fires hits the girder above it and explodes, the only MCC damage will come from the MCCs themselves firing at each other.

I knew I wasn't going crazy, I thought that match was long as hell!

Man... this patch really destroyed things haha.
---
I'm a man too ya know! I go peepee standing up!
#5Realtalk_Clover(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 2:45:06 PM
Yeah, domination has no timer, so on ashland the only way for the match to end is for the MCCs to destroy each other, or for one team to run out of clones
#6STT_ZidanePosted 9/3/2013 8:15:07 PM
Rioleus posted...
Realtalk_Clover posted...

I knew I wasn't going crazy, I thought that match was long as hell!

Man... this patch really destroyed things haha.

Actually had multiple matches in 1.3 with my corp where we cloned the enemy team before our null cannon won the game for us
---
Now Playing:
Dust 514, UMvC3
#7silent0ne456Posted 9/5/2013 12:02:26 PM
You can actually pick which game mode you want by pressing square.
#8Realtalk_Clover(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 12:58:00 PM
Yes, ive realized this.

The fixed matchmaking is making things a lot more bearable, but the changes to target information has really dampened my mood. Ive entirely replaced my repair tool and injector in favor of other equipment, because its too much of a pain trying to figure out who needs repairs