We need a respect again!!!

#1indycoltfan1988Posted 9/6/2013 2:27:56 PM
title says it all
---
PSN - indycoltfan1988
#2bastard247Posted 9/6/2013 6:13:51 PM
Absolutely. You spend weeks/months worth of sp and then they change everything with a garbage update. Now you're left wanting your points back to spend on other things. Sadly, it's not going to happen. If they gave a respec every time they break something there would be no reason to buy aur items. Which is how they make their money
---
PSN: SolomonGrungy
http://romanforum.b1.jcink.com/
#3EX_BortthogPosted 9/6/2013 8:40:04 PM
You spend weeks/months worth of sp and then they change everything with a garbage update

The only 2 "garbage" parts of 1.4 is no lifebars which ruins rep tool and power slides from revives were nerfed making revive pens useless
---
#1 Cactus
#4indycoltfan1988(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 8:59:17 AM
honestly make an aurum option for respects problem solved!!!
---
PSN - indycoltfan1988
#5indycoltfan1988(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 3:35:46 PM
EX_Bortthog posted...
You spend weeks/months worth of sp and then they change everything with a garbage update

The only 2 "garbage" parts of 1.4 is no lifebars which ruins rep tool and power slides from revives were nerfed making revive pens useless

They ruined adv hmgs and std hmgs for me.
---
PSN - indycoltfan1988
#6EX_BortthogPosted 9/7/2013 5:35:48 PM
They ruined adv hmgs and std hmgs for me.

As a Heavy myself advanced HMGs are still fine, just requires some adjusting to

I overheated a bit swapping from Boundless to HM-88 just from complacency but once I adjusted to the lack of heat reduction it was fine. Won't say for standard as I just don't use standard HMGs lol
---
#1 Cactus
#7Lum_the_MadPosted 9/8/2013 10:33:19 AM
The biggest anoyance for me was swarm launchers. It was always an iffy weapon, the missles travel far to slowly and just about every vehicle can out run them but now you only have a 3 shot clip. You can't even kill most LAV's in three shots, let alone a tank. Even with a prototype launcher, 3 enhanced dmg mods (best I can equip) and prof to level 2 I still can't kill much of anything before it either kills me or runs away.

The main problem with slightly faster lock on times but less ammo in the clip is the fact your RoF has a long pause. Before you could lob one missle after another at a target. Most people taking dmg from swarm launchers tend to panic and try to hide behind something knowing they'll be safe. Now with a huge delay between your first three shots and your next clip they don't panic. They calmly activate their repair mods, shields, or just blow you away n in the time you take to reload and lock on again.

By the time I reload most of the time what ever dmg I did is either gone on a good tank, or they just ran out of the pittiful 400 meter range of the weapon. If they wanted swarm launchers to be a close range weapon, they needed to make them do far more dmg so at least you stood a chance of killing them before they killed you. IF you fire any where over 200 meters or so just about anything can out run your missle swarm.
---
"That is not just scraping the bottom of the barrel, that is lifting the barrel up and poking some of the slimy sludge growing underneath the barrel."
#8Realtalk_CloverPosted 9/8/2013 11:32:09 AM(edited)
Lum, swarm launchers are much better off in 1.4

The delay timer between shots was reduced from 2 entire seconds, to just under 1/3 of a second. The change is so dramatic that even though you have to reload almost twice as often, the overall DPS output of the swarm launchers is still higher than pre-patch, while now having absurdly high burst output.

The amount of time shaved off between shots as a result of the changes in the patch is 1.7 seconds. You can fire your 3 shot clip 3.4 seconds faster than you could fire the first 3 shots of your 5 round clip before the patch. The need to reload more often is negligible.

Lets compare the 2 versions of the swarm launcher. Firing a total of 15 shots. Assumes Swarm Op lv 5.

Pre-Patch: ((Lock, Fire, 2 second delay)x4, Lock, Fire, 4.5 second reload)x3 = 21 seconds spent locking, 24 seconds spent on downtime between shots, 13.5 seconds spent reloading. Total time spent: 58.5 seconds

Post-Patch: ((Lock, Fire, 0.3 second delay)x2, Lock, Fire, 4.5 second reload)x5 = 15.75 seconds spent Locking, 3 seconds spent on downtime between shots, 22.5 seconds spent reloading. Total time spent: 41.25 seconds.

You get the same damage in less amount of time than you did before the patch, and now it comes in huge bursts, so its much easier to pop a vehicle user before he fully realizes the danger he is in and activates his modules

There have been some claims that the new Swarm Operation bonus doesnt work. In that case the time spent locking is identical, and the post-patch total time spent for 15 shots would be 46.5 seconds
-

You could definitely make a case for the weapon not performing the same with regards to flavor, and say that you dont like the way the weapon works now, and may not be in line with your intentions when you sunk the skill points into the weapon. This line of thinking i could understand and agree with. However, to say that swarm launchers are weaker in 1.4 is just wrong
#9EX_BortthogPosted 9/8/2013 11:34:35 AM
Lum do you even use Swarms? I do

1 enhanced damage with level 2 proficiency on a Wriykomi ONE SHOTS MILITA LAVs and two shots those silly BPO LAVs

Against tanks I still wreck face because my new sheer damage output is insane due to almost no down time between shots

The missiles aren't slow. They move faster then Scouts and LAVs. Only Dropships with boosters active can flat up outrun Swarms and any other vehicle with boosters MIGHT outrun Swarms provided they can control their new speed efficiently
---
#1 Cactus