Quick question on vehicles

#1Kagami84Posted 12/12/2013 1:03:28 PM
So if I spend thousands of points on a drop ship, then it gets destroyed, do I have to spend another thousand on a drop ship? The same for other vehicles? Or is it just the limit per mission?
#2STT_ZidanePosted 12/12/2013 4:11:03 PM
Kagami84 posted...
So if I spend thousands of points on a drop ship, then it gets destroyed, do I have to spend another thousand on a drop ship? The same for other vehicles? Or is it just the limit per mission?

If you lose a vehicle that costs thousands of ISK, you have to spend that amount for a another one. The same applies for dropsuits, so if you die with your vehicle, you have to pay for the cost of vehicle AND the cost of a dropsuit (though most would just use free suits if you're in a vehicle anyway)

The limit is however many you have or however much you're willing to spend
---
Now Playing:
Dust 514, UMvC3
#3Kagami84(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2013 4:18:38 PM
STT_Zidane posted...
Kagami84 posted...

If you lose a vehicle that costs thousands of ISK, you have to spend that amount for a another one. The same applies for dropsuits, so if you die with your vehicle, you have to pay for the cost of vehicle AND the cost of a dropsuit (though most would just use free suits if you're in a vehicle anyway)

That's dumb. So I have to choose between upgrading my character or buying a vehicle that can be destroyed by someone who's played long enough to have a more powerful arsenal. It should be I pay a lot for the vehicle but get limited drop offs per match. This way the game keeps its balance by keeping people from spamming tanks.
#4obliviondollPosted 12/13/2013 2:44:13 AM
Kagami84 posted...
STT_Zidane posted...
Kagami84 posted...

That's dumb. So I have to choose between upgrading my character or buying a vehicle that can be destroyed by someone who's played long enough to have a more powerful arsenal. It should be I pay a lot for the vehicle but get limited drop offs per match. This way the game keeps its balance by keeping people from spamming tanks.

Nope.

You upgrade your character with skill points you earn in the match. Those don't go away when you die, they accumulate gradually over time and you also gain them for performance in game. You also upgrade vehicles - but slightly less - with skill points. Investing skill points into something also unlocks better equipment in that specific area as well as the passive bonuses you get.

You buy your stuff, and it's used up as you play. It adds a management layer to the gameplay that most shooters are lacking. If you want something more simple, play a more simple game. If someone is constantly bringing tanks, which cost hundreds of thousands of ISK each, to public matchmaking games, they WILL be losing money, and they WILL eventually run out of money, and that means they won't be able to keep spamming tanks.
---
"I want my meals to think for myself"
#5Kagami84(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2013 4:31:44 PM
obliviondoll posted...
Kagami84 posted...
STT_Zidane posted...
Kagami84 posted...

Nope.

You upgrade your character with skill points you earn in the match. Those don't go away when you die, they accumulate gradually over time and you also gain them for performance in game. You also upgrade vehicles - but slightly less - with skill points. Investing skill points into something also unlocks better equipment in that specific area as well as the passive bonuses you get.

You buy your stuff, and it's used up as you play. It adds a management layer to the gameplay that most shooters are lacking. If you want something more simple, play a more simple game. If someone is constantly bringing tanks, which cost hundreds of thousands of ISK each, to public matchmaking games, they WILL be losing money, and they WILL eventually run out of money, and that means they won't be able to keep spamming tanks.

Booo. So no reckless piloting or driving vehicles for fun. So when should you use your best arsenal? When am I suppose to practice flying a drop ship?
#6obliviondollPosted 12/14/2013 11:27:15 AM
Kagami84 posted...
Booo. So no reckless piloting or driving vehicles for fun. So when should you use your best arsenal? When am I suppose to practice flying a drop ship?

Why can't you be reckless? I usually am with my cheap vehicles.

I can build a Sica (Militia tank) for around 100,000 ISK, and bring 2 into a match while still turning a profit if I want to mess around and have a laugh. Often I won't lose one, or will only lose one and still be alive in the second when the battle ends. I'm pretty sure you can get a cheap Dropship and bring 3+ into a match. Learning to fly with Militia gear is a good idea.
---
#7STT_ZidanePosted 12/16/2013 11:54:59 AM
you should ALWAYS practice with Militia Gear. In fact, the first piece of advice I give to new players already in dust is to go to the Market and buy 5 copies of every piece of Militia Gear you can find (well, you don't really need the Profile Dampener/Enhancers really), then fit those into your various fits and use them in battle before you spend a single point of SP
---
Now Playing:
Dust 514, UMvC3
#8obliviondollPosted 12/16/2013 2:11:26 PM
STT_Zidane posted...
(well, you don't really need the Profile Dampener/Enhancers really)

I used to find them quite useful - even at Militia level - before Uprising.
---
#9DarkxAngel91Posted 1/3/2014 6:27:14 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/971420-dust-514/68251835
---
PSN: Kradangel9647 COD Ghosts Clan: DarkShadows20
Currently playing: COD Ghosts, Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Core Fighters, FF13-2, Dust 514, Ocarina of Time 3DS