explain to me please

#1dreadblazerPosted 2/20/2014 3:12:51 AM
i have quit this game for i suck at it lol.
but as i was playing i saw there was no balancing,
constant micro transactions, so whoever has more real money wins,
and controls are kinda have a weird feel to them.
now i just want to know why this looks like a section 8 prejudice rip off,
plays worse than it, and gets more people playing.
do people truly like pay to win games that much?
---
SSDD
psn - raiza999
#2obliviondollPosted 2/21/2014 2:45:11 AM
dreadblazer posted...

It requires patience. Lots of patience. Also, skill is a variable based on your chosen role and your opinion of what matters in the context of the game. This isn't a normal game, it's part of New Eden, the universe of EVE Online.

Balance is constantly shifting. That doesn't mean there's no balance. The developers have never made a first person shooter before, and they're still working towards balance. As much as they've claimed otherwise, the game is nowhere near release ready. As far as their "official" release goes, the game is still in beta, and probably will be for a while.

Except that the microtransactions don't give you ANYTHING better than what you can buy without spending real money. There are a handful of "Blueprint" items you can get hold of through various means, none of which is better than the lowest 2 tiers of item. There are a lot of real-money microtransaction items which look slightly different from the versions you buy with in-game money, and some of them also have lower skill requirements, meaning you can use them without having to grind up so much before unlocking access - BUT you also don't get the passive benefit of the skill, so someone using the NON-microtransaction version of the same weapon will perform BETTER with it than you.

And this ties in with your claims of the game having no balance - it's still nowhere near ready for release. Also, unusual controls doesn't make a game bad, just weird. It takes some getting used to, and it sucks that they still haven't put in proper controller remapping (which has been promised multiple times and still hasn't happened).

Section 8 is a finished game, and quite good. DUST 514 has a small amount of content that's never being added to a Section 8 game, and a LOT of content that will be added at some point.
---
"I want my meals to think for myself"
#3indycoltfan1988Posted 2/21/2014 4:20:00 PM
dreadblazer posted...

pay to win I think not... I called vets have been playing since summer 2012
---
PSN - indycoltfan1988