Top top tier HAV invincible?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dust 514
  3. Top top tier HAV invincible?
1 year ago#1
Is the game really structured so that with the top level shield regen modules and armor plates that the HAVs literally take dozens of swarm launcher shots to take out? Or does the swarm launcher become obsolete as the games main anti-tank option. Granted , I'm only using the next tier of launcher (up from the militia one) but one round our team got trashed by 3 HAVs surrounding the point, raping us whenever would respawn. I tried to stay in cover the best I could and stayed close to my nanohive for ammo , but everytime I pumped 4-6 shots rounds into them and lobbed 2 AT grenades , they'd shrug it off and the damn shields when back to full strength almost immediately. Is their any one infantry gun in the game for AT work? What am I missing here?
1 year ago#2
FG works especially from the rear... the best AV is probably a rail tank.
---
PSN - indycoltfan1988
1 year ago#3
Swarm Launchers are underpowered against vehicles right now.

Swarm launchers deal reduced damage to shields, so hitting a tank with its shields up will do minimal damage.

Shield tanks (Sica and Gunnlogi) with even a single shield hardener active will take a small enough amount of damage from each Swarm Missile to not interrupt shield regeneration, and shields regenerate faster than swarms damage them through hardeners.

As a solo AV option, Swarms are not viable against shield tanks, and require good luck and/or timing against armour tanks.
---
"I want my meals to think for myself"
1 year ago#4
I'm temporarily swapped out my AT grenades for the anti-shield variety..1250 dmg sounds better than 750!
1 year ago#5
Wrath231 posted...
I'm temporarily swapped out my AT grenades for the anti-shield variety..1250 dmg sounds better than 750!

Keep in mind that Flux Grenades have a 0% modifier applied to armour - as in they deal NO DAMAGE AT ALL to a target's armour.
They kill off all equipment in the blast radius, which is nice, but they are a totally non-lethal weapon (barring the occasional glitch which has resulted in them having more kills than Sleek AV Grenades in several previous builds).
---
"I want my meals to think for myself"
  1. Boards
  2. Dust 514
  3. Top top tier HAV invincible?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived