Project Legion

#1darthsniderPosted 5/2/2014 12:36:38 PM
I hope no one spent a lot of cash on Dust.
---
PSN: Darth_Snider
NNID: PHIbot
#2KingHieiPosted 5/14/2014 2:32:51 PM(edited)
Okay.

It has been said that certain Dust-514 player progress will carry over to Legion, that Legion is MILES away from being even remotely complete, and that CCP is not just forgetting DUST-514. A link for your convenience: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDEA_n_dvlc
Any more research ob this topic is up to you. If people could stop assuming the worst right away, that would be great.
---
PSN: Toonami3000 Steam ID: VForVincent91 3DS FC: 2595-0594-0557
*~See my profile for an extended 21-day Eve Online trial and exclusive gear for DUST-514!~*
#3Realtalk_CloverPosted 5/14/2014 4:56:35 PM
CPM Nova Knife came out and said that they gave up on developing Dust 7 months ago.

CCP themselves have all but admitted that Dust is no longer going to recieve actual content updates, and will only be getting number tweaks and bug fixes.

Dust is dead, dont get caught in the web of hype and promises. Great things are being said of Legion's potential, but these same promises were made of dust a year ago.
#4KingHieiPosted 5/15/2014 8:43:16 AM
Well I'm certainly not going to be anxiously awaiting anything until I see actual progress on CCP's part. So I'm at least able to sit back and enjoy DUST-514 for what it is because, like you said about Legion, we've heard it all before.
---
PSN: Toonami3000 Steam ID: VForVincent91 3DS FC: 2595-0594-0557
*~See my profile for an extended 21-day Eve Online trial and exclusive gear for DUST-514!~*
#5ILikesCheesePosted 5/15/2014 12:17:21 PM
KingHiei posted...
...Legion is MILES away from being even remotely complete...

I believe the exact wording was that they had not even started actual work on the game yet, just that they were throwing around "ideas."

Considering they actually did work on World of Darkness for 7 or 8 years...well, fill in the blanks there yourself.

I played the hell out of Dust during the last 7 months of its Beta phase, but barely touched it after it finally (stealth) launched. Fool me once CCP, shame on you. I'm not going to let you fool me again.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#6ILikesCheesePosted 5/15/2014 12:21:08 PM
Realtalk_Clover posted...
CPM Nova Knife came out and said that they gave up on developing Dust 7 months ago.

Yea.

CCP didn't care much for that either.

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2161754#post2161754
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#7obliviondollPosted 5/17/2014 11:12:54 PM
KingHiei posted...
Okay.

It has been said that certain Dust-514 player progress will carry over to Legion

The problem here is that they can't tell us how much or what kind of progress is carrying over. They've heavily implied that they WON'T be carrying everything over from DUST, which means there WILL be people out of pocket or with heavy waste of time.

that Legion is MILES away from being even remotely complete

It's barely even in early prototyping stages and they've already cut off the majority of support for DUST.

and that CCP is not just forgetting DUST-514

Not "forgetting", just taking almost the entire dev team off the game to work on a replacement before their CEO even confirmed they were going to go ahead with the project. They've explicitly stated that they're not developing any new content for DUST, and that we can only expect bug fixes, balance adjustments and some still-not-clarified changes to Planetary Conquest.
---
"I want my meals to think for myself"
#8Realtalk_CloverPosted 5/18/2014 11:45:35 AM
Remember when all the diehard EvE fanboys were shouting from the rooftops about the 10 year plan for dust and how the game will become an unstoppable juggernaut?

Pepperidge farm remembers.
#9David_FaustinoPosted 5/25/2014 9:13:37 AM
Realtalk_Clover posted...
Remember when all the diehard EvE fanboys were shouting from the rooftops about the 10 year plan for dust and how the game will become an unstoppable juggernaut?

Pepperidge farm remembers.

lmao
---
SVER is not OP people in the other factions are genuinely bad. GTA is the greatest franchise ever. bethesda games are boring. these are all FACTS