What's the best/most balanced armor setup?

#1MegamanXfan21xxPosted 6/24/2011 9:40:08 AM
topic
---
Number of people who think Poets of the Fall is the greatest band ever: none yet
Currently waiting for: Child of Eden (PS3), Arkham City, Bioshock: Infinite
#2NohopelessPosted 6/24/2011 9:44:57 AM
the very last armor set u get is the best

max speed > endurance > strength

that's the only armor set worth using in all the runs imho
#3MegamanXfan21xx(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2011 10:32:49 AM
So, Protosuit #5 for everything? That gives me max agility, 9/12 endurance, and only 3/12 in strength. I swapped the body armor to Exogear #5 and got better balance, as well as 7 strength.
---
Number of people who think Poets of the Fall is the greatest band ever: none yet
#4NohopelessPosted 6/24/2011 10:35:31 AM
max speed > endurance > strength is required
i dont think any other gear can give max strength if u mix and match.

speed is important in this game especially on morbid and undead mode

endurance so u dont get killed instantly (although cutter will still kill you in one shot either way)

strength is pretty much worthless since meleeing the enemies will just mean you'll die from getting hit by them
#5rojocapo610Posted 6/24/2011 11:00:11 AM
Thank god for this topic !!!

hahahahahahhaahah , ok im gonna tell ya how dumb i am lol

I didnt know you can change your gear!! yeah thats right .

i passed grim with only the main armor yeah the entire game without me knowing bette, i died a good amount of times but i was like whatever the game is hard :p , now i played 2 levels of morbid all of this with the crappy level one armor hahahah

i saw this topic i was like WTF so now this game is like sooooo much easier :)
#6LsnakePosted 6/24/2011 11:12:55 AM
O.o so Speed is the best stat? Stupid me. I've really neglected Speed. That might help now on Morbid.
---
-War. War never changes. (Fallout)
-War. War has changed. (MGS4)
#7Lo_ManoloPosted 6/24/2011 12:12:55 PM
all protosuits level 5 will give you max agility, high endurance and low strenght

all exogears level 5 will make you have max strenght, high agility and low endurance

all amoshell level 5 will concead you with max endurance, high strenght and low agility

so its all about your playstyle.

Most players (me included) preffer being faster, so protosuit it is;

Max endurance it is only if you expect to get hit a lot, so amoshell;

Focus on strenght is only for pro players that knows how melee is a great weapon. Mastering melee requires a lot of training and the cost of high str is low endurance. And low endurance depending on the difficulty you're playing will make you get killed real quick.

You can always combine the armor, but I'm happy with lv5 proto so I didn't try any combination. (I use melee more to stop zombies rather then killing then. So no need to high str)
#8erwinraaben55Posted 6/24/2011 12:23:52 PM
With speed level 5 on everything you can outrun all except for runners and Mouths on Morbid/Undead mode.
#9MegamanXfan21xx(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2011 6:46:46 PM
Ah, I didn't know that strength referred to your melee attack. Ok, I guess I'll use a setup that focuses on endurance and agility. This game can get dark at times, which sometimes leads to one of those red/black zombies (the one that don't drop bonuses) sneaking up on me. That's usually the only time I use melee.
---
#10EmperorBlackPosted 6/24/2011 7:53:52 PM
yeah, when I first played through Normal and most of Grim, I was using ArmoShell.... then I got the idea from this board about max speed. Once you go all ProtoSuit #5, you never go back. If you're playing for a good score, it's obviously best to avoid getting hit in the first place, and the ProtoSuit makes that easy.
---
http://community.modnation.com/en-us/players/ZoomSurtr/creations
More topics from this board...
Looking for peoplecoldlimit17/20 12:56AM