Launcher or shocker?

#1FFjunkiePosted 7/10/2011 3:06:12 PM
Which should I buy first?
---
Somebody set us up the bomb.
#2DizzyDavidsonPosted 7/10/2011 7:47:03 PM
Go for the launcher. I didn't find much use for the shocker (especially on the harder difficulties).
---
I just crapped in your basket!
#3ZHolyMadmanPosted 7/10/2011 9:42:37 PM
I honestly don't understand why people think the Shock Gun is worthless on the higher difficulties. IT CUTS ARMY ZOMBIES IN HALF AT EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE RANGE!!! Sure, it will only shock the ones that are half the screen away, but max it out and you can mow down groups of the the hardest Z's (not Jumpers or Cutters) like your name was John Deere! Launcher's good too, except you've got throw-able items that can do the job and you can sometimes get caught in your own blast if you're not careful (and on Morbid it's easy to make mistakes). Shock Gun and Blade Cannon can't be beat for DESTROYING hordes of the undead, in my not-so-humble opinion.
#4Mantis11Posted 7/10/2011 9:57:47 PM
Launcher to kill the Slashers from a distance. Blade Cannon is my favorite for dealing with large groups, so I never use the Shocker.
#5spamdiePosted 7/10/2011 10:08:36 PM
Still the problem with the shocker is that for the price it doesn't do as much.

You have to basically charge through a crowd of zombies to make it work.

So for most people Launcher over the shocker. The results are a bit more predictable. At least with the launcher you won't run out of ammo while trying to get the gun to work effectively.
#6CheekoStick52Posted 7/11/2011 5:11:49 AM
The Shocker is the weapon you will want to use on Military zombies.

Fully maxed it can destroy higher difficulty Military zombies in one shock. It will definitely come in handy on the last level, regardless of the people who say its worthless. Every gun has its uses, however the Shocker is thee most underrated gun in this game.

I'm starting to think that the Shocker is highly effective against zombies with helmets on. They do have metal helmets after all.

Like said above, the Launcher is good for boss zombies/ hordes, but so is the all mighty shotgun that is fully maxed.
---
His phone kept breaking up. All I could hear were the words blood and diarrhea.
> PSN-SmokinWarrior420 [WTF] <
#7Sol4688Posted 7/11/2011 5:12:04 AM
Launcher is best for dealing with Cutters or if you want a Jumper put down quickly. Way too dangerous to use in close range, or a waste with small groups.

Shocker is crap if not upgraded. Really, if you just pour your cash into power and range, you'll see why people like it. It's useless against bigger enemies, but ideal for killing soldiers quickly.
---
PSN: CrimeRoyal
#8CheekoStick52Posted 7/11/2011 5:45:50 AM
Also note that tapping the fire button with the Shocker is the most effective way of shooting it. You don't waste as much ammo.
---
His phone kept breaking up. All I could hear were the words blood and diarrhea.
> PSN-SmokinWarrior420 [WTF] <
#9CarlwongtwPosted 7/11/2011 9:14:58 AM
"I'm starting to think that the Shocker is highly effective against zombies with helmets on. They do have metal helmets after all."

You have a great point there, AGREED :].

My personal combo with a mass wave including military Zombies is burning them at a distance with flamethrower first, then pull out the Shocker to finish them off. I always fully upgrade it in all my runs :).
---
Life is boring without games :).
#10erwinraaben55Posted 7/11/2011 2:32:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpDye-3m43M

That's all

Don't really like the launcher, too risky to use.