Magic Aura, Strength, Stature

#1tosswinklePosted 10/30/2010 1:19:22 AM
Hoe do you get the stars up in these areas. I am in bowerstone now and none of these have gone up. I kill everything and have done all the quests up until this point. Is there something special I need to do.

---
Dancing Space Potato's... YOU BET!
#2ZanesPosted 10/30/2010 11:20:21 AM
you need to spend guild seals on weapon chests to raise Strength, Stature and Magic Aura.

its like raising a level cap. those stats go up slowly over time spent using melee, ranged or spells. so if you unlock only the first weapon chest then it will only go as high as 1 star.
#3clubs10Posted 10/30/2010 11:22:52 AM
zanes is wrong I'm fairly sure it goes up from using that skill alot it's weird that your's hasen't gone up 1 though.
---
Current picks for Game of the year: Super Mario Galaxies 2, Red Dead Redemption, God Of War 3, Mass Effect 2
#4Pickles16Posted 10/30/2010 11:25:19 AM

my took a long time to go up as well, you just got to pe patience with it, I am pretty sure you have to use them and it doesnt really correlate with getting the chests. Just keep using them a lot

#5Seren85Posted 10/30/2010 11:28:47 AM
Using them alot makes them go up but it is a relativley slow progress. Especially if your like me and I like to vary my kills. I've been told using the hammer will make your strength go up quicker than the sword will. Regardless I've kept my sword. I did go up in magic aura though but especially since getting the spell weave I launch a lot of spells.
#6KaseronPosted 10/30/2010 11:30:11 AM
"Up to this point."
#7silverdraconumPosted 10/30/2010 11:47:21 AM
I liked using the hammer type weapons so I had no problem buffing up. I also liked to shoot people in the face, so my stature went up too. Also setting people on fire while I electrocute them makes me giggle, and apparently gave me a more noticeable magic aura.

Just use the corresponding skill to kill enemies and that stat will go up eventually. If you like to explore a lot and tend to run into lots of baddies it won't be too hard to max them all out. Or if you're evil, just go nuts in a town and slaughter as many guards and villagers as you want.
#8carlsjosPosted 10/30/2010 11:48:35 AM
Just keep playing, they'll go up eventually. All of them are 5 stars for me already and I haven't even reached the King phase yet.
#9infinitexxPosted 10/30/2010 11:55:29 AM
They are either very random, or very glitchy, since it took me like 1400 melee kills to get 5* on one character, and another got there in like <200.
---
This one has forgotten if its heat sink is over capacity. It wonders whether the criminal scum considers itself fortunate ~Blasto
GT:Brave1i1Toaster
#10Rogue Of TimePosted 10/30/2010 1:18:58 PM
Just finished the game, ONLY used my Pistol / Rifle, took the Hammer and only used it until I got a gun, never upgraded Magic, never upgraded the Hammer, but I did upgrade Ranged all the way and also bought every expression / work upgrade I could. This is what I ended up with:

Strength: Two stars.
Stature: Five stars.
Magical Aura: No stars.

I think it's safe to say that upgrading Lute / Pie / Blacksmithing contributes to Strength, since I never used my Hammer aside from the start of the game where you don't have a ranged weapon yet. Hope this info is helpful to someone.