Help with: Capture the Criminal quest (Brightwall)

#1ActofBraveryPosted 11/7/2010 1:18:25 AM
There's a guard, who wants me to catch a criminal. There is no breadcrumb trail and it is not in my quest queue. However, the exclamation point above the guards head remains in the map and I have no idea where to find this guy. My roommate said he would just be strolling about Brightwall, and would look like one of the crate carriers. Any help here would be much appreciated.

Keep in mind that I have scoured the town for this guy.
#2jorkai2003Posted 11/7/2010 1:19:08 AM
Look next to the pub right by the demon door for a stationary guard.
#3Martin PaganPosted 11/7/2010 1:43:55 AM
I hit the same problem in Bowerstone Market. No trail and no peasant just standing around. Eventually I just carried on with the story and it fixed itself after I did another quest.
---
Confucius says: man who fart in church sit in his own pew.
XBL/PSN gamertag: Poganin
#4ActofBravery(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2010 1:44:32 AM
This game is annoyingly glitchy.
#5Martin PaganPosted 11/7/2010 1:58:20 AM
The only really annoying glitches I had are to do with either the breadcrumb trail or the dog. Whenever I get a relationship quest that leads me to a person in Brightwall, the bloody trail alwas leads me first to the Academy and only then resets to the correct person. And the dog keeps getting stuck on elements of the environment whenever he's about to show me where to dig for something. Sometimes he's just running around in a tight circle.

Another crappy thing is that my villager creator wife tends to die when moved to the Bowerstone Castle.
---
Confucius says: man who fart in church sit in his own pew.
XBL/PSN gamertag: Poganin