Planet one demon door hinting at the future of Fable?

#21myothracntwsbndPosted 11/2/2010 9:36:51 AM
peter already said something along the lines of "now we wont be seeing fable in space, but the series is going to keep moving foreword"

something like that, and no i dont have a link.

Anyway TC, I thought the same.
---
Now Waiting For: Batman: Arkham City, Epic Mickey, Alice: Madness Returns, and Black Ops
Now Playing: Fable 3 and League of Legends. Tag: Ace CheeseWiz
#22VanelarPosted 11/2/2010 9:41:02 AM
Hero your health is low!
Hero your health is low!
Hero your health is low!
Hero your health is low!
Hero your health is low!

Yeah!, No! I don't want the old guild back.
#23kungfao(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2010 9:42:47 AM
^ Really? Well, we all know we can't take everything that Peter says as fact lol.

Why did Lionhead put in that region in the first place? And in the MOURNINGWOOD demon door no less. It's so out of place its begging for attention. Plus I believe its the only interactive demon door region. (you can change the color of the scenery.) And why call it Planet one?? It seems so suspicious
---
if you are reading this then it means i have spoken
#24sythe343Posted 11/2/2010 9:43:48 AM
Of all the things that your father did, why didn't he rebuild the Guild?
---
Jumping feet first into hell isn't your job, making sure it's full when you get there is.
PSN: DedSythe XBL:Sythe343
#25TCGJessePosted 11/2/2010 9:44:30 AM

Hero your health is low!
Hero your health is low!
Hero your health is low!
Hero your health is low!
Hero your health is low!

Yeah!, No! I don't want the old guild back.

Yeeeah, that was funny... Two titles later, lets think of something else that is funny.
---
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use. -Kierkegaard
#26VanelarPosted 11/2/2010 9:45:42 AM
Demon doors are areas where the developers can have fun, and possibly try things out/make weird areas. Knothole Island from Fable 2 had a similar thing as Planet One, where you flip a switch and it switches seasons. They're just having fun.

Unless you're saying that the Brightwall Village demon door is seeing the future of Fable, where we will have skeletons dancing and partying away.
#27infinitexxPosted 11/2/2010 9:45:45 AM
I foresee steampunk in Fable's future, maybe some light magitech, but not a world built around it until several iterations down the line.
---
This one has forgotten if its heat sink is over capacity. It wonders whether the criminal scum considers itself fortunate ~Blasto
GT:Brave1i1Toaster
#28VanelarPosted 11/2/2010 9:47:14 AM
In the future of Fable, I see filler games, where we go back in time to see the story of someone else, which in no way progresses the overall story!
#29kungfao(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2010 9:51:34 AM
"Demon doors are areas where the developers can have fun, and possibly try things out/make weird areas. Knothole Island from Fable 2 had a similar thing as Planet One, where you flip a switch and it switches seasons. They're just having fun."

It made complete sense in Knothole Island. The story revolved around changing the seasons to access new areas.

Maybe they could be doing it for fun, but it just seems so out there compared to other demon doors. I felt like I was a friggin astronaut lol the moment I saw my character walking on a barren moon like planet I realized a future esque fable could work.

---
if you are reading this then it means i have spoken
#30WarpstarPosted 11/2/2010 10:03:13 AM
I know there are a bunch of people on this board who don't like Fallout, but this medieval culture and sci-fi tech living side by side idea is quite similar to the 50's culture and sci-f tech of those games. In which case, it could definitely work.
---
Oo_oO ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL... of your sig. Generation 3.
Copy Harbinger into your sig, and add 1 to the generation.