Online DLC

#1Big_HurtPosted 4/24/2012 3:52:56 PM
Ive had Fable 3 since it came out and have all the dlc, but now my nephew bought it and now it says i cant join him because i dont have the same dlc as the host when he has nothing and i have everything.

So is it telling me this cause he needs them or what.. im confused
---
PSN: Dead_End_Planet XBL: BigJunior15
#2rubyzjourneyPosted 4/24/2012 8:39:41 PM
Maybe, you need to buy the latest DLC available in the sanctuary shop. It costs 560 microsoft points though (or something to this effect).
#3Unpopular1Posted 4/25/2012 4:00:23 AM
Yep, he needs to get the DLC too.
---
Insert laugh here:
#4Exsilium22Posted 4/25/2012 5:48:10 AM
The past messages are not true, Your nethew doesn't have to purchase any DLC for you to play together. This is a common problem because there are a number of FREE DLC items and if one person has them downloaded the other must to join the game. below is the list of items needed and can be found easly by pressing the Y button on the game for details then going to the EXTRA's section of the game info or can be found here http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Search?query=Fable%20III%20Free

-LIST-

FREE YULE HATE

FABLE III FREE SOLDIER OUTFIT

FREE WEAPONS

This is a common mistake made by many as the free content no longer shows up in the sanctuary. I hope this helps and happy gaming.

XBL GT; Exsilium22
---
Fable Pro Gamer
#5Unpopular1Posted 4/26/2012 11:53:18 PM
I stand corrected. But when Rubyz Journey and I played the other day it wouldn't let me join her game for the same reason. She downloaded Traitor's Keep and then it worked. Maybe she got all the free stuff with it?!
---
Insert laugh here:
#6rubyzjourneyPosted 4/27/2012 8:04:11 AM
Hi again,

Yes, I got about 4 or 5 items from Lionhead studios. potions, and a hat, a soldier outfit but I can't remember about weapons.
#7Exsilium22Posted 4/27/2012 8:26:37 AM
Yeah you are correct in a sence, you can just use the paid DLC to join the game but the free content was made to allow people to join the games of people who have paid.

Taken from the official Fable 3 wiki ;

Fable III's Downloadable Content is stored in "packs"; purchasing any one of the DLC titles of a certain pack will download the whole pack. Any future purchases of DLC from the same pack will "unlock" the content for use. In this way, people who have downloaded the free content from any pack will be able to access other content from the pack if they join a co-op game with someone who has paid to unlock the specific other content. For example, downloading the Free Weapons DLC also downloads the pack which includes the Understone quest set, the red setter dog potion and the Industrial Knight Outfit. Therefore, anyone who downloads the Free Weapons will be able to play Understone if they join a co-op game with someone who has paid the 400MSP to unlock it.

Hope this helps to clear things up :)
---
XBL GT ; Exsilium22
Fable Pro Gamer