Weapon Changing...

#1Willben20Posted 5/7/2012 9:09:02 AM
I've started a Live stream character, which is a character I started from the beginning to stream it to Twitch.tv and will continue to play that character till she beats the game and the DLC (when I eventually get them) and will NOT have her play multiplayer unless she's already beaten the game and all the DLC

Anyhow, my question is, she's just about to go fight Saker, and I want to avoid having her weapons get the bone handle when she buys the next ranged/melee weapon levels (the handle you get for killing a lot of Hollow men, which is really easy to do since they throw a horde of them at you at the start)

If any of you have gotten anything other then the bone handle for the hero weapons, then could you please list them here, I didn't find them in a guide here, but I will continue doing research on it before my next streaming session.

It's not that I don't like the bone handle, but after making like 6-7 heroes and nearly all of them getting it, then it starts to get annoying rather quickly
---
Check out my Rock Band videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/willben20
#2TVthePunisherPosted 5/7/2012 1:24:15 PM
Wow I didn't even know the handle could change...all I thought was the whole "your weapons evolve thing" was the fact that you could get three unique upgrades for them all and they changed somewhat in appearance after each weapon chest you open in Road to Rule. Huh. My only suggestion to not get this bone handle then is avoid fighting Hollow men with that weapon?

Not sure if it's based on that particular weapon killing the Hollow Men or your overall kill count for all weapons but if it's individual I'd say move onto something else whenever you are about to fight them...then switch back to the weapon you don't want the bone handle for on other enemies.
---
What?! What the HELL?! A dining room...IT'S A MONSTER, RUN JILL! Hey you, STOP!! I HAVE THIS! It's a weapon, IT'S REALLY POWERFUL especially against WESKAAAR!
#3Willben20(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2012 9:46:16 PM
Yeah, if you look at your hero weapons then you'll see 4 spots instead of the three gem things that tell you you can upgrade your weapon. If your weapon skill for that type (melee/ranged) it'll tell you what you did to unlock that evolution of the weapon. Which after asking my xbox live friends I found a couple other things other then just killing Hollow Men.

Like recently, with a different character I made, she got the bone handle for the Rifle and Pistol, but, she got the Treasure Hunter handle for the Sword and Hammer. Which the description tells me that opening a lot of chests is what caused it to morph that way (that's why I called it the Treasure Hunter handle) [Btw, for the sword, it makes it look sort of like a pirate cutlass handle]

And on my first character, I unlocked the Chicken blade due to my characters "Cruelty to chickens" and it made the blade look sort of like a feather.

Perhaps, since one of my friends was rather surprised that her weapons changed appearance based on actions as well, I should get a bunch of friends together and maybe start writing a guide to these weapon upgrades and work on details on exactly how you get them.
---
#4Willben20(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2012 9:48:55 PM
crap, fail on the first paragraph of my last post

Yeah, if you look at your hero weapons then you'll see 4 spots instead of the three gem things that tell you you can upgrade your weapon. If your weapon skill for that type (melee/ranged) is leveled up past level one on the road to rule it'll tell you what you did to unlock that evolution of the weapon. Which after asking my xbox live friends I found a couple other things other then just killing Hollow Men.
---
#5Unpopular1Posted 5/8/2012 1:07:25 AM
I got the bone handle on the hero weapon in my first play through due to my "fragility in combat". I had been knocked out several times in the fight with Saker. Haven't checked what's happened in my second game. Intrigued now, will have a look!
---
Insert laugh here:
#6d0OmsdayPosted 5/10/2012 7:09:01 AM
-Save before you open the chest
-Open the chest, go to Sanctuary and see which upgrade you got
-If it wasn't the one you wanted, reload and try again, it's possible (and likely) to get different upgrades
---
---