Napoleon Total War Crashes ONLY during Battles!!

#1curly121Posted 10/13/2010 9:17:40 AM
Hey i am experiencing crashes in napoleon total war during battles i don't know why this is happening at all. my computer specs are:

ATI READON 5750 Vapor-x
ASUS M4A785-M
3 Gigs of RAM
Phenom 2 Quad Core

If you find/have a solution please either post a comment or send me an E-mail@ logan.curly@gmail.com
Thank you!
#2nmiklas21Posted 11/4/2010 5:34:09 AM

I have a similar problem, the game crashes at the battle loading screen and only when it is a large battle going to take place, about 3000 soldiers taking part. My specs are CPU Core Duo 3Ghz, Ram: 3Gigs, ATI 4800 1gb ram, I have updated all the drivers and even increased the virtual memory of the system to 6gb max, direct x etc. Any suggestions?

#3devilzemagPosted 11/6/2010 12:50:01 AM
Hey

You should check if your computer isn't getting to hot. You should purchase an extra fan or two for your system in order to cool it down during the major game play. I ran a large fan behind my system and my computer stop crashing and I was able to play to the finish. Your system will crash if it gets to HOT. You should have a fan over the cpu; if you don't get one.
#4ng1294Posted 11/23/2010 5:08:51 PM
That's weird. I've had this since release and haven't had a single crash.
#5philippasuttonPosted 12/12/2010 8:43:46 PM
Maybe your system has good cooling - some are better than others.
#6philippasuttonPosted 12/12/2010 8:54:08 PM

devilzemag posted...
You should check if your computer isn't getting too hot. You should purchase an extra fan or two for your system in order to cool it down during the major game play. I ran a large fan behind my system and my computer stop crashing and I was able to play to the finish. Your system will crash if it gets to HOT. You should have a fan over the cpu; if you don't get one.

Can't think of many systems where there will not be a fan over the CPU - most processors run so hot that the monitoring system would shut the system down in a short while if the CPU cooling failed. These days most graphics cards, at least those for gaming systems, have their own cooling.

If your system is running hot, then check that the fans have not got clogged up - especially if you smoke. If you can, open the system, check the fans and clean everything up. If you have a system box with no fans actually on the box itself (as opposed to those on the CPU, the power supply, graphics card etc) then you to get some installed. If you have some, but the system still overheats, then try to up the power of the case fans.

Replacing the CPU cooling can be very effective if the existing fan is cheap or blocked, but is not a job for the inexperienced.