How do the harmonies work?

#1slymshadyPosted 9/18/2010 5:18:04 PM
I havent played games with harmony support with multiple vocalist, so I have some questions. My friends like to just sing, and really all be the lead singer. If I plug in 2 mics, can both just sing the main vocals of the song? LIke when choosing the song setup, etc, can I select 2 mics as both lead singers, or does one mic need to be lead, and one defaults to back up vocals? (sort of out how one lead guitar is selected, the other guitar must play as a bass)
---
Slymania is still running wild!
#2xavierakanePosted 9/18/2010 5:32:10 PM
Harmonies is like a team trying to sing so you can all sing the lead but won't get the double or triple harmonies
---
GT: IFxIRxAxCxINxO
#3AquatakatPosted 9/18/2010 5:34:39 PM
If your second or third singers sing the harmony parts you get extra points. You don't get penalised in any way if everyone sings lead.

---
http://youtube.com/aquatakatii
"Windows 7 is, in many ways, the least annoying upgrade Microsoft has ever shipped."
#4slymshady(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2010 5:58:28 PM
Ah good to hear! I think it is time to invest in another mic! (^__^)
---
#5PengilberrysPosted 9/18/2010 6:02:05 PM
Water, fire, air and dirt.
****in' harmonies, how do they work?
---
http://i34.tinypic.com/2w1uk4h.jpg
#6Robtcee13Posted 9/18/2010 6:26:36 PM
When you choose harmonies, there will be up to three vocal tracks at any one time. The vocal tracks are color-coded depending on the singer who should sing them. No individual mic is tied to a single vocal track, however. You can mix up the part you sing at any time. What the game does is it sorta "locks on" to the first note you sing, and focuses more on that until you drift far enough away to sing another part. That's how the harmony vocals videos don't lead to people getting double fab/awesome constantly. Because you can't.

Only one person can sing into any given mic at once, as well. If two voices enter the mic, the game will only hear the one that started first.

Now, scoring. In order to simply hit a phrase and not be penalized, somebody has to get an awesome/fab. It doesn't matter who, only one person needs to fill their bar. If the others don't fill their bar, it doesn't matter. However, if they DO fill up their bar, you get bonus points equal to double/triple what the normal value of the phrase would be. A Triple Awesome/Fab on a phrase would get you 3000 points on expert without overdrive active.
---
Guys, I didn't hit 100% of the notes, why am I not getting 100%?
- TravisCombs
#7Slab_XZPosted 9/19/2010 2:14:30 AM
You can also have up to 3 vocalists just singing the one track in solo mode, too.
#8delta___38Posted 9/19/2010 3:17:18 AM
You can also have up to 3 vocalists just singing the one track in solo mode, too.

Meaning a song without harmonies can be sung by 3 people?

---
PSN: delta38 || Friendship is like peeing in public; everyone will watch you but none of them can feel your warmth and satisfaction.
#9slymshady(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2010 9:21:04 AM
I am just interesting in having 3 friends with mic, sing the songs, and having all their voices be heard on the actual mic and sound system. I know Bad Romance was an older DLC track without harmonies, but my friends love to belt that tune out, and having all 3 of them do it at once, would be great!
---
#10Maze1125Posted 9/19/2010 6:06:42 PM

Meaning a song without harmonies can be sung by 3 people?

Yep.