How do the instruments connect?

#1T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 11/2/2010 4:01:44 AM
Because the Wii only has 2 USB ports. Which I already have occupied by the guitar and drums dongle.

The guitar one does have an additional two ports, but I use them for the microphones...

So, will I need an USB hub if I want to play with all the instruments and 2/3 microphones?
#2VermineaterPosted 11/2/2010 8:23:34 AM
Yes.
---
VE - RIer, WM Cashier, Video Game Enthusiast
Now Playing: Things...
#3AllThisNothingPosted 11/2/2010 5:35:48 PM
Different instruments hook in differently on the wii.
Mics all fit in through a USB slot.
The keyboard also only fits in through USB, but that's because the only version of it is the Rock Band version.
The other instruments are all dependent on which kind you have. Guitar Hero drums and guitars are wiimote extension controllers, meaning you plus a wiimote into them rather than using a USB slot.
Rock Band drums and guitars are USB slots (direct USB cable for Rock Band 1 Drums, wireless dongle for the others)
So technically speaking, you could get away with 1 mic, 1 keyboard, and use 2 GH guitars and a set of GH drums, and you wouldn't need a hub, but you would'nt be able to do harmonies.
#4bryguy1357Posted 11/3/2010 8:08:57 AM
But if you got the keyboard, the USB dongle for it gives you two more USB ports. Not the drums, though.
---
You see things as they are and ask, "Why?" I dream things as they never were and ask, "Why not?"-George Bernard Shaw
#5T3H_1337_N1NJ4(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2010 10:22:04 AM
Oh I see, thanks guys!

So, can I connect the drums dongle and the guitar dongle. Then connect the keyboard dongle to the guitar one and still have 3 free slots for the mics? (2 from the keyboard and 1 from the guitar dongle)

Seems like it would work. lol
#6fjl05Posted 11/7/2010 11:27:30 PM
According to the manual, you can connect a USB Hub to connect additional USB peripherals.