Who is the big boss now?

#1mission76Posted 2/9/2010 11:05:09 PM

Well haven't played in probably 2 -3 years..just got to be too much of a time sink. I just saw that Arthas (sp?) was brought down by a 10 man on youtube with a few others beating him as well. My question is who will be the major boss now? If the Lich King is dead who is going to replace him as the toughest enemy?

#2BhemontPosted 2/10/2010 7:53:49 AM

I can't find a video that shows him being taken down, link plz?

#3GilaMonsterPosted 2/10/2010 8:55:32 AM
Deathwing, aka Neltharion, is supposed to be the major enemy in Cataclysm.

---
Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
#4xeekthecatxPosted 2/11/2010 5:29:12 PM

Deathwing as this person said ^

also, Ragnaros has returned

#5mission76(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2010 10:40:39 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7hNHGvGAl4&feature=related

Thanks..I was never into the lore of the game and played Warcraft 3 so long ago that I thought Arthas was the biggest boss and there was no one above him. Thought with the death they might try to be wrapping WOW up or going in a new direction.

#6UnrivaledKoopaPosted 2/14/2010 1:55:04 PM
Arthas wasn't even close to the "big bad". He was the main character of at least three WC3 campaigns but he had absolutely no involvement in the earlier games. Deathwing is significantly more powerful, and then there's still Azshara, whatever's happening in the Emerald Dream, and the Burning Legion and eventually Sargeras.
#7Leon442Posted 2/15/2010 3:40:02 PM
^ don't forget Kil'jaeden is still alive he's just banished into the Twisting Nether for now
---
I have no powers...powers are for the weak...unless you count the power to blow minds!!
#8Storm_MarinePosted 2/17/2010 3:49:54 PM

Well there's Deathwing. But I have a feeling the old god 'whispering' to him will play a role as well.

#9Storm_MarinePosted 2/17/2010 4:10:17 PM

mission76 posted...

Well haven't played in probably 2 -3 years..just got to be too much of a time sink. I just saw that Arthas (sp?) was brought down by a 10 man on youtube with a few others beating him as well. My question is who will be the major boss now? If the Lich King is dead who is going to replace him as the toughest enemy?

Oh and................

"SPOILERS"

"SPOILERS"

The Lich King isn't dead.

#10ShaunRi33Posted 2/24/2010 12:36:15 PM

Burning Crusade the main "bad" dude was Illidan, even though there was very little interaction with player and Illidan with quests and what not before you actually go into BT and kill him. All you really know is that he was evil and was controlling Outland and was in BT (quests through Akama in Shadowmoon Valley kinda cleared things up)

In Wrath The Lich King is the enemy, he is seen much more while questing and leveling, as well in many many dungeons. Therefore feels like the main enemy due to his interaction with the players. Although he is a quite lame raid boss compared to Illidan, he is still quite cool.

In Cataclysm its going to be Deathwing ultimately, I really don't see how regular heroes are gonna kill Deathwing though, he is so damn powerful and even by looking at a player could kill them -_- Same could be said for Malygos tho so I don't know.