What does the symbol on Junpei's hat mean?

#1VikenXPosted 7/7/2010 5:59:28 PM
Does it mean anything at all, or does it just look cool?

BTW, I think that it was a cool idea to give out his hat as a pre-order bonus. It makes a good game even better!
---
Just tell Peach you couldn't save her because you were on the mushrooms. She'll understand.
Mario: My Anti-Drug
#2TemprusPosted 7/7/2010 6:02:34 PM
It's very similar to the Celtic Trinity symbol. Look that up in google and you'll see plenty.

Some use it as a protection symbol and I believe the Catholic church adopted it to stand for their trinity. Mind you, it should be older than that.
---
"Yipeee!" --Mistral "Get serious, Mistral!" --Sanjuro
#3BoomonPosted 7/7/2010 6:20:39 PM
All you'd have to do it sharpen the points and shrink the circle a little so it fits into the loops and it would be the Celtic Trinity symbol.

Almost as though there is a non-Christian trinity represented in the protection spell (b/c the three are seperate but could be connected).
---
If you make an ass out of yourself, there will always be someone to ride you.
-Bruce Lee ---------- PSN: Boomon0
#4KentaroMusoPosted 7/7/2010 6:38:47 PM
Is this something to really be contemplating?
#5shinkukage09Posted 7/7/2010 6:43:22 PM

Is this something to really be contemplating?

Well it's a cool hat...gotta keep it away from christians though.
---
YGO2010 FC: 3481-4427-0508
ROCKMAN ZERO COLLECTION, BABY!
#6ValteroPosted 7/8/2010 3:19:06 PM
It has nothing to do with Christianity or the Celtic Trinity. If anything it's likely a Japanese mon; it could, logically, be the kamon of the Iori family.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mon_%28emblem%29

You'll see one on there that's very similar to the symbol on Junpei's hat, just pointy. There are thousands of mon and kamon out there, so it's likely there's one that actually matches the one on Junpei's hat.

Or it could just represent a fictional baseball team.
#7evildPosted 7/8/2010 4:08:40 PM
looks like japanese symbol for soul, green and yellow pin on his school uniform means novice.
#8WeisscrypticPosted 7/8/2010 4:21:14 PM
i was just wearing it at walmart...and got yelled at for waring the devils symbol in public....
i guess it looks like three sixes....B!%$h JUST MADE ME WANT TO WEAR IT MOOOOAAAAARR
#9zenprismPosted 7/8/2010 5:11:02 PM
This site should enlighten you as to why you shouldn't wear the Junpei hat to Wal-Mart:
www.peopleofwalmart.com
#10MuteProtagonistPosted 7/10/2010 3:40:42 PM
^I don't get it.
---
"I swear by all of Kagutsuchi, Mu's ass will be greater than Litchi's meatbuns" - Dragonblade01