Official Prerelease FAQ

#1TechaNinjaPosted 8/30/2009 7:14:58 PM
Fore note: This is a large compilation of information gathered for the purpose of informing the viewers of GameFAQs, what/when/where/how of Persona 3 Portable

Persona 3 Portable
PSP
Copyright (c) 2009; Tasos Chrysostomou (Mastertazo/Techa)

TABLE OF CONTENTS
[1] Game Information

[1.1] Version History
[1.2] Developer
[1.3] What is Persona 3 Portable?
[1.4] Will this game come out in America/Europe?
[1.5] Will this game be ported to PS2/PS3?
[1.6] What does Dissidia mean?
[1.7] Will this game have Infrastructure/Adhoc?
[1.8] What has been changed or added, so far?

[1] Game Information

[1.1] Version History

V 0.1 First version of this guide. Newer versions will be updated with new infomation that is worth making a new topic (ie, they reveal a major amount of things in game like new areas, dungeons, changes etc). It will be updated as well if news and screenshots, and a date for USA/Europe is revealed.

[1.2] Developer
This was made by Atlus.

[1.3] What is Persona 3 Portable?
Looking at a few different sites, and from looking at wikipedia, this is the best answer possible.

Persona 3 Portable is an enhanced port of Persona 3 to the PlayStation Portable that has been announced by Atlus for release in Japan on November 1, 2009.

MORE ANSWERS NEXT POST. DO NOT POST YET!
---
Shadow Complex - My first and BEST XBL purchase.
#2TechaNinja(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2009 7:27:49 PM
[1.4] Will this game come out in America/Europe?
Unknown at this stage

[1.5] Will this game be ported to PS2/PS3?
Unknown at this stage

[1.6] What does Dissidia mean?
Wait what. I used the FAQ on there as a template (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=939394&topic=47990317) Credits go to Thomas Gazay for it.

[1.7] Will this game have Infrastructure/Adhoc?
Unknown at this stage

[1.8] What has been changed or added, so far?
Wikipedia says that -
The announcement in Famitsu revealed that the player will be able to select a female protagonist as their playable character as an alternative to the male character from the original game. This selection will alter some aspects of the story; the first Persona gained by the Protagonist, Orpheus, will be female, and the character Elizabeth, who resides in the Velvet Room, will be replaced with a male equivalent. The gender choice is also expected to alter some aspects of the Social Links. In addition to the new playable character, there will be five difficulty levels to select from. The game will retell only the original game's story ("The Journey" from Persona 3: FES), however, there will be some slight changes made in the original story events even if the male protagonist character is selected.

Changes to the game include having the ability to directly control characters other than the Protagonist in battle. Also, the art for the environments has been redone, and is now pre-rendered along with the character “models” in most scenes outside of Tartarus appearing to be sprites. The player will no longer be able to navigate the overworld in control of your character. Instead, the player will be guiding a cursor around and “exploration” will be more menu-based. In scenes where the protagonist is walking to school and interacting with people in class or during certain Social Link segments, the player will only see portraits, not the actual character sprites with animations. New battle costumes have been added to the portable version, along with a “Guard” command during battles. There’s new music included, though not all the original soundtrack has been included in the game.

RPGamer mentions that -
This game is more than just a direct port of the original release as players will have more options right at the start. Joining easy, normal, and hard modes are the even easier beginner mode and the insane maniacs mode. From there the choices continue as players can now opt to play as a female lead character.

Different aspects of the game will change depending on the gender selected, though other scenes are set to be modified regardless of the selection. This release also takes some of the changes found in Persona 4 and adds them in, such as being able to control all party members and being able to press a button and quickly move to locations.

Screenshots:
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/persona/persona3psp/screens/persona3pspss082009-1.html

Sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persona_3_Portable#Persona_3_Portable
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/persona/persona3psp/persona3psp.html

---
#3TechaNinja(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2009 7:28:15 PM
You may all post now.
Enjoy.
---
#4KiniestPosted 8/30/2009 7:34:53 PM
....You had to put the idea in my ehad that they might not bring this over to the west.... Bastard... Just kidding! But really, I hope that you can actually edit those posts... Because so far thatt wouldn't be much for a mini faq
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
"MAN I WISH Earthbound was on VC. " -Antitype
#5TechaNinja(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2009 11:53:05 PM
Yeah this is a prerelease FAQ. I will add onto it as more is revealed. Can this possibly be stickied?
---
#6icedpotatoPosted 8/31/2009 2:18:39 AM
anyone need to peepee?
#7Judqement8Posted 8/31/2009 2:48:21 AM
Hmm...

---
(R.I.P.) Judgment8... Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days! Persona 3: Portable!
La Pucelle: Ragnarok (PSP) PSP = Portable Super Ports. Prinny! Koromaru!
#8Greg13221Posted 8/31/2009 2:55:09 AM
prererelease?
---
Use Google or Else...
#9Rhen_VarPosted 8/31/2009 4:58:51 AM
Do we really need a beginner mode? I find that really weird.
#10Modest_ModsoulPosted 8/31/2009 5:02:42 AM
I remembered Metal Gear Solid series.

There's Very Easy mode.

And there's also an Easy mode.

Finally P3P version of The Boss Extreme mode, which is Maniacs.

We still don't know the differences yet...
---
The air is cold......... But my heart is warm.