Persona 3 Portable Board FAQ V3

#1MidnightWPosted 7/8/2010 3:09:39 PMmessage detail
1)What are the general changes and additions between this and the PS2 version?

A)You can now choose the gender of the Main Character.

B)S.Link scenes and conversations have a visual novel style.

C)Daytime exploration is now point and click and the characters on the map have become 2D sprites. You also now see your main character's portrait while exploring.(Tartarus exploration remains the same.)

D)There are now 5 difficulty settings. (Beginner, Easy, Normal, Hard, Maniac)

E)There are new costumes and Personas.(Lovers Tamlin (level 13), Star Neko Shogun and Setanta (level 19 and 28), Devil Mokoi (level 18)

F)Elements from Persona 4's battle system have been added in. You can now directly control your teammates in battle, your teammates can take a mortal blow for you, there's a Guard command and there is now a new "Co-Op attack" that can be used after the first Full Moon mission. They function in the same way as Follow-Up attacks in P4. (Can only be used when an enemy is knocked down)

G)Skill cards can now be used to give any Persona a skill. i.e Garu Skill Card teachs Garu. Skill cards are obtained through levelling up a Persona, exchanging the gems found in Tartarus in the Antique Shop, scoring the highest in exams (gotten from Mitsuru), completing requests, saving people from inside Tartarus and buying them from the TV Shopping Network. The cards can also be cloned at the shrine. There are no Skill Cards for "Kunda and Kaja" skills (however, there are for Masukukaja), Ragnarok, Thunder Reign, Niflheim, Panta Rhei, Samsara, Die For Me!, Morning Star and Black Viper.

H)Fusion Skills can only be used via items. These items are obtained by trading gems at the Antique Shop.

I)There are now portraits for more characters along with new ones for characters that already had.

J)Some S.Link scenes will be voiced Persona 4 style.

K)''Tired'' status can be cured using items. Also, you no longer become tired in Tartarus, the status appears the day after.

L)You have to pay to receive healing at the bottom of Tartarus, it is no longer free and automatic.

M)Entering your dorm room won't change the time.

N)You can now have part-time jobs. Working gives you a social stat boost and some money.

O)There are Persona 4 cameos.

P)There is now a boss rush mode entitled ''Vision Quest''. In it, you can refight the Full Moon bosses among other more "puzzle-style" battles. The Full Moon bosses here are more difficult.

Q)There is no ''The Answer''.

R)The anime cutscenes have been removed and replaced with either cutscenes using in-game graphics or done visual novel style.

S)P3FES' additions and changes are still present along with these new ones. (Yes, The Aeon S.Link remains)

T)There are new menu designs and you can now easily equip other party members.

U)There are new types of requests that involve saving people inside of Tartarus. The Velvet Room assistant will call you and you can accept your reward from Officer Kurosawa. The quests only become available after the 2nd Full Moon mission.

V)In the last moments of the game, you can now choose who you would like to spend your time with. (New Game + Only)

W)As the Female Protagonist, you can now choose to either stay as friends or be lovers with Social Link characters. The Male Protagonist cannot, however there are no longer any effects for dating more than one female (P4-style).

X)The Protagonists can only equip one type of weapon that are both Slash types. The Male Protagonist and Mitsuru cannot equip each other's weapons, they have their own unique set.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*Don't Post*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
#2MidnightW(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2010 3:13:01 PMmessage detail
2)What's the difference from picking the Female Protagonist instead of the Male?

For the Female Protagonist, there are new S.Links, new music, a pink menu scheme and the option to stop an event that happened in the original from occuring. There are also some differences in the more "social" aspect of the game. i.e Sports trip, Kyoto trip etc. The Female Protagonist also has a gender-swapped Orpheus. There are no differences between the two male and female versions of Orpheus. Orpheus Telos and Messiah have gotten no gender-swapped versions.

3)What are the new S.Links for the Female Protagonist?

Chariot - Rio Iwasaki
Justice - Ken Amada (Yes, you can be Lovers)
Hermit - Saori Hasegawa
Fortune - Ryoji Mochizuki (Has set dates for Rank Up)
Strength - Koromaru
Star - Akihiko Sanada (Has to make specific S.Link choices to be Lovers)
Moon - Shinjiro Aragaki

*Rio Iwasaki and Saori Hasegawa are totally new characters.

4)Is that a new Velvet Room assistant?

Yes, his name is Theodore and he's the younger brother of Elizabeth. When playing as the Female Protagonist (only) you get to choose between him and Elizabeth.

5)Can you still go out with the Velvet Room assistant?

Yes.

6)Can you have same-sex relationships?

No.

7)Can I use the FES Max S.Link Guide for the Male Protagonist?

There are some changes to the Male Protagonist's S.Links so you're not guaranteed to get all his S.Links maxed out.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*Done*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Credits : opfer_gv. This guy is just awesome, really.
#3MidnightW(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2010 3:13:41 PMmessage detail
Yay!
I seriously hope I didn't leave anything out this time around.
---
Midnight's seriously just around the corner.
I bleed once a month and don't die. Fear me.
#4SoaringBlizzardPosted 7/8/2010 3:16:11 PMmessage detail
you forgot to add a little observation

"Maniac is not for the weak of heart or to the short temper players as they will most likely throw their psp on the wall or through the window"
#5Three_Leaf_IvyPosted 7/8/2010 3:35:19 PMmessage detail
That's subjective.
---
What?! Oh, let me turn my music down. Yeah, cool... I'm listening.
#6ShinaroujiPosted 7/8/2010 3:36:24 PMmessage detail
You missed Junpei being the Magician S.Link on FeMC's side.
---
You keep me Spinnin' Around!All I Can Do not to think about you!I'll Shoot The Moon!You are Forever In My Heart! Do Ya love me,I like to think so!I <3 Jump5!
#7MidnightW(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2010 3:36:38 PMmessage detail

you forgot to add a little observation

*panics*

"Maniac is not for the weak of heart or to the short temper players as they will most likely throw their psp on the wall or through the window"

Oh u!
---
#8MidnightW(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2010 3:37:39 PMmessage detail

You missed Junpei being the Magician S.Link on FeMC's side.

*rages*

Thanks though.
---
#9MidnightW(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2010 12:11:20 AMmessage detail

*bump*

>_>

Sticky guys!
---
#10demonsword765Posted 7/9/2010 12:19:48 AMmessage detail
Requested
---
ALL HAIL OPPAI!!!---Norio Wakamoto