ATH-EM7 GM Headphones

#1AdventZPosted 3/19/2012 3:35:18 AM
Yea, I know they are discontinued for a loong time already. Nonetheless, I am still interested in getting these. Does anyone know where else to look? Amazon's totally out and I lost a bid for the EM700s on ebay just last week so.....

I am aware of the ATH-EW9s but I don't really like the wooden look and am afraid of damaging it (like accidentally getting it wet or something).
#2davidg4lPosted 3/19/2012 7:30:43 AM
Eh, it was discontinued ? Wow, glad I got mine.
Hmmm, try ebay maybe ? or you could just google some more, I'm sure there's one out there somewhere.
---
Trigonometry is a math subject consisting of the study of triangles which can be briefly explained with the equation : Mind = Blown
#3RageRasenganPosted 3/19/2012 9:13:32 AM

I had a look around the net and found a site selling em'. They are a bit pricey though. 

http://www.midtownshop.nl/en/product/7134/

Model: ATH-EM700 SV (As stated on the SMT Wiki.)

#4AdventZ(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2012 3:48:10 PM
RageRasengan posted...
I had a look around the net and found a site selling em'. They are a bit pricey though. http://www.midtownshop.nl/en/product/7134/Model: ATH-EM700 SV (As stated on the SMT Wiki.)

Thanks for that. They are definitely pricey, but I'll keep that site in mind since it seems to be one of the few sites that still lists it in stock. I do somewhat still prefer the EM7 GMs though mainly because of the fact that it has an assymetrical cable compared to the EM700s usual Y-cord cables which tend to tangle themselves when hanging in front of me.
#5AdventZ(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2012 3:49:24 PM
davidg4l posted...
Eh, it was discontinued ? Wow, glad I got mine.
Hmmm, try ebay maybe ? or you could just google some more, I'm sure there's one out there somewhere.

When did you get yours? I've been keeping my eye out on eBay almost everyday since I lost the bid =(
#6gadgaurdPosted 3/20/2012 3:10:00 AM
I am lost. What do these headphones have to do with P3P?
---
What would you do...to obtain the Throne of God?
#7AdventZ(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2012 4:22:27 AM(edited)
gadgaurd posted...

The accessory which Minato Arisato uses to listen with his Mp3 Player. Nuff said.

But I do personally like the outlook of those clip ons. There's something about the metal hanger and the 3 Screws on the front plate of the headphones that make them look so stylish. They are so rare nowadays though. =/ Well I'll just have too keep looking.

EDIT: In case you still don't know, Minato Arisato was the most official name for the Male Protagonist of P3P. His headphones are based on Audio Technica's Clip On Headphones. Some official art shows him wearing the ATH-EM7 GMs and some show him wearing the ATH-EM700s. However, only the ATH-EM7 GMs have the U-shaped cord to allow the headphones to hang around the neck exactly like Minato.
#8gadgaurdPosted 3/20/2012 10:49:45 AM
AdventZ posted...
gadgaurd posted...

The accessory which Minato Arisato uses to listen with his Mp3 Player. Nuff said.

But I do personally like the outlook of those clip ons. There's something about the metal hanger and the 3 Screws on the front plate of the headphones that make them look so stylish. They are so rare nowadays though. =/ Well I'll just have too keep looking.

EDIT: In case you still don't know, Minato Arisato was the most official name for the Male Protagonist of P3P. His headphones are based on Audio Technica's Clip On Headphones. Some official art shows him wearing the ATH-EM7 GMs and some show him wearing the ATH-EM700s. However, only the ATH-EM7 GMs have the U-shaped cord to allow the headphones to hang around the neck exactly like Minato.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up.
---
What would you do...to obtain the Throne of God?