Okay, missing something here? (spoilers)

#21sonofkorol(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2012 12:53:30 AM
gadgaurd posted...

Not a problem. I'm currently decking out my Angel with Samsara, Salvation, Maziodyne, Victory Cry, Repel Dark, Auto Matarukaja, High Counter, maybe a Hama boost(if I can find the skill card). You can pretty much make any Persona fight anyway, and use cards and the arcade to boost their stats.

Scratch the Hama boost, I'll give her Pralaya.

Wot? 0.o; Really? I have to figure out how to do all that good stuff. For instance I want to pimp out Tam Lin so that she's my main Persona. DEM RESISTANCES.

Right now I'm rocking her and Principality (the Big P is a friggin powerhouse even for level 18) but while P is fantastic for killing stuff fast and using in clutch situations, Tam Lin is a keeper for good. SO versatile. Just trying to decide on the best skill list for her.
---
>X< Leader of The Dream Team >X<
"A game moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and teabag once in a while, you could miss it."
#22terran3999999Posted 3/23/2012 10:44:34 AM
Tam Lin's a dude....expect the fairy knight to do something horrible to you in the near future.

This version also gives you something called Skill Cards, with that it becomes MUCH, MUCH easier to built an uber Persona but there are some skills that aren't available as Skill Cards.

As much as I promote free ideas, at least try to give your Persona a purpose. Just throwing on eight random skills is stupid and frankly that Angel is garbage.

Prayala but no Apt Pupil? Lol.

Samsara without Hama Boost? I'll pass.
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kick logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#23sonofkorol(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2012 11:29:08 AM
terran3999999 posted...
Tam Lin's a dude....expect the fairy knight to do something horrible to you in the near future.

This version also gives you something called Skill Cards, with that it becomes MUCH, MUCH easier to built an uber Persona but there are some skills that aren't available as Skill Cards.

As much as I promote free ideas, at least try to give your Persona a purpose. Just throwing on eight random skills is stupid and frankly that Angel is garbage.

xD Wow it sure looks like a chick. So those resistances aren't reason to keep Tam Lin? Because to me they seem pretty worthwhile... Right now the arcana that I like most is Justice. Seems well-rounded without many weaknesses, and they're stats are sick for physical and magic attack. Would you recommend sticking with that arcana for mains and just adding skill cards to them? And if so, is it possible to grind out certain personas in low-level Tartarus to get their skill cards? Or is the persona levelling based on you levelling, thus you need to grind it on your level of Tartarus?
---
"A game moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and teabag once in a while, you could miss it."
#24terran3999999Posted 3/23/2012 11:57:24 AM
I don't understand why you would want to play with such restrictions....

And Justice has one huge weakness: Mudo.

I personally think you should go through the game normally, for now, and of course keep your Persona updated to your level. Of course you can make an uber Tam Lin, but that comes waay later.

And innate resistances aren't really such a big deal, its really rare or normal enemies to be able to deal so much damage and come endgame Armor of Light will make that useless.
---
#25sonofkorol(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2012 1:01:28 PM(edited)
terran3999999 posted...

I personally think you should go through the game normally, for now, and of course keep your Persona updated to your level. Of course you can make an uber Tam Lin, but that comes waay later.

And innate resistances aren't really such a big deal, its really rare or normal enemies to be able to deal so much damage and come endgame Armor of Light will make that useless.

Mkay. I just really like the Justice personas and their moves/resistances. Plus it's my highest social link. >__o Which ALWAYS helps. Makes the things tank levels like no other.

I was going to make some new stuff, such as Mokoi, but it seems status-ailment-restricted personas aren't that useful.

ares, neko-shogun, ghoul, and mokoi are my newest ones. Any of those worth checking out?

---
#26gadgaurdPosted 3/23/2012 6:29:30 PM
terran3999999 posted...

Uh, dude, this persona was made for fun. You know, that thing you play video games for? I can carry twelve Persona at all times, so there is no reason to make Her an Uber Angel. Especially since this Angel is THEMED off of a Divine concept. When I want uber Persona, I have my Thanatos and Messiah to choose from. Or I can start working on my Telos.
---
What would you do...to obtain the Throne of God?
#27terran3999999Posted 3/23/2012 9:13:59 PM
^I could care less how you play but don't pass if off as sound advice. Especially to someone new to the game/series.
---
#28gadgaurdPosted 3/23/2012 9:38:17 PM
terran3999999 posted...
^I could care less how you play but don't pass if off as sound advice. Especially to someone new to the game/series.

Like you could actually do something about. If you don't care about my playstyle, you could have saved time by saying something along the lines of "an Angel like that has no specific strengths"... Which would be untrue. Any mob that's vulnerable to Hama, Zio, Slash, or Pierce will die, no questions asked. And only 3 bosses in the game will force me to change my Persona: Margaret and CO. And seeing as the main point of my post was "You can make any Persona fight anyway"...I'm sorry, how is that NOT sound advise? Not only is that true, that's the whole point of Fusing, Skill cards, Incense cards, and the arcade (actually, the arcade has 2 more uses, but you get my point). I seriously don't see where you're coming from.
---
What would you do...to obtain the Throne of God?
#29terran3999999Posted 3/24/2012 7:47:04 PM
I don't need to "do something about it", your posts makes it obvious.

If you wanted to make a Persona that's mainly for Knockdown I don't see why you would have chosen some of the skills you listed.

Here's my idea for a Knockdowner:

Angel too for simplicity
Agidyne
Bufudyne
Ziodyne
Garudyne
Gigantic Fist(more than enough)
Primal Force(the only other good Pierce skill unless one wants to gamble with
Myraid Arrows)
Repel Dark(Null is also good enough)
-free slot

I just covered more elements than you did.
---
#30DragonKnight387Posted 3/25/2012 12:04:07 AM
terran3999999 posted...

And why would anyone want uber Tam Lim when there's uber Cu Chulainn? They have the same basic design, but he has a higher base level. It makes more sense to boost a highest level persona for endgame, optional boss fights, and MONAD.
---
1075-0914-2884 is my FC.