Is this is the best version of Persona 3 to get?

#1pikmintaroPosted 8/7/2012 5:28:54 PM
Hey I just bought Persona 4 arena today, and I want to get into the series, I'm trying to figure out which version of Persona 3 to get, and a lot of people are telling me this is the best version, while others are saying the FES version is the best, so I'm kind of torn right now.
---
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13"
#2WilliamVitaPosted 8/7/2012 6:38:15 PM
I was also torn by the decision. I got FES and portable. I play portable way more than FES. Although FES is a darn good buy. I recommend getting both or just FES. Portable is amazing and I prefer it....but FES just has more to offer. You can get FES and Portable on psn...if you like digital copies.
---
Hades: "I am the Lord of the DEAD!"
Auron: "No wonder no one wants to die." PS3, PS Vita, and PSP. PSN: WilliamGeorgeYo
#3pikmintaro(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2012 7:30:09 PM
I would get both games, but I have a ton of games that I haven't finished and want to play and I also want to get Persona 4 (I'm going to wait for the version on Vita though.) so I don't really want to get more than one copy of the game.
---
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13"
#4Tayo2345Posted 8/7/2012 8:45:00 PM
Persona 3 Portable uses Persona 4's battle system.

So yes.

Yes it is the better version.
---
I don't care what you say, Generation II sucks.
That's just my opinion, no matter how true it may be.
#5JackelofAHPosted 8/7/2012 8:49:43 PM
FES has 2 things going for it: The Answer, and cutscenes/town exploration that arn't purely text and menus. The Answer, while tedious at times, is canon to the story and has a very compelling storyline.

P3P has 2 things going for it: Improved gameplay in that you can directly control your AI partners allowing for better planning, and an overall less frustrating experience. The 2nd thing going for it is the Female Route, which has a few different Social Links (some of which are very good), and a slightly altered story.

I've played both, but If i had to choose one, I would choose P3P. The Female Main Character Route is a breath of fresh air to the game. It's quite a different game, and will essentially double your game time should you choose to play both perspectives. The lack of cutscenes and exploration doesn't bother me for the most part, and the Answer, while good, doesn't make up for the addition of the FeMC route and the improved combat in my opinion.
---
FFVI>FFIX>FFX>FFXIII>FFVII>FFIV>FFV>FFXII>FFVIII>FFII>FFI>FFIII
#6CATPOWPosted 8/8/2012 4:36:28 AM
What the heck man. Just get both. Both are awesome game to play, you won't feel like wasting money.
---
Angry man: What do I have to do to get some privacy here?!!
Boy: I don't know. Eat cheesecake ?
#7Gamemaster64Posted 8/8/2012 5:56:47 AM
Go for FES for Answer and get P3P for FeMC.
---
Not much of potato he said but potato he wrote.
#8gadgaurdPosted 8/8/2012 12:12:44 PM
I say P3P.
---
http://www.playstationpro2.com/images/babes/Tifa-Cosplay-4.jpg http://i.imgur.com/He7hj.jpg http://i.imgur.com/xk5w0.jpg http://i.imgur.com/XTLHs.jpg
#9Tayo2345Posted 8/8/2012 7:35:30 PM
Gamemaster64 posted...
Go for FES for Answer and get P3P for FeMC.

YouTube is for FES.

Assuming you don't mind grinding, which I honestly don't, but the horrid battle system in P3Vanilla and P3FES turns me off of it too much
---
I don't care what you say, Generation II sucks.
That's just my opinion, no matter how true it may be.
#10deathfire1096Posted 8/9/2012 5:42:01 AM
i liked FES cause i was able to explore more and there were actually cut scenes and i liked how challenging the game was since you couldn't control other characters P3P was fun too didnt like how everything was menus and text but exploring was still fun plus Persona is a really good series P3P was actually my first persona game and after that i bought stuff and hunted down copies of P4 P3 and P3 FES soo i think youll like it
---
I am on a path the rest of you can't follow