To buy or not to buy?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Axel & Pixel
  3. To buy or not to buy?
6 years ago#1
So I'm on this tight budget for the next week and a half (I blame the ps3 and it's first party titles in oct) but anyway, I love point and click games and while I want sam and max season 2, I don't have 20 to drop on it.

However, I want to go see Paranormal Activities. But I figure the $10 in gas to see it + the $7 ticket price and my requirements of Starbucks (4.25) would easily equal up to the price of A&P (well, excluding the gas but that's just a bonus that I save gas lol).

But there's another thing. I bought Secret of Monkey Island on release day and hate it. I haven't even beaten that yet because it's so poorly done (menu system is ass and it just isn't funny). Do the controls work well on this game?

Reading Anita Blake series
GT Wolverinefactor PSN Wolvyfactor - -
6 years ago#2
Well what was your opinion of the trial as the full game isn't that long. i would say save your money.
6 years ago#3

I actually loved monkey island. This game is fun though. Story is fun but sort of short, but it has some mini games to keep you going.

6 years ago#4

I loved both Axel and Pixel and Monkey Island. If you enjoy the demo of A+P, buy it. Keep in mind that 90% of it can be accomplished (story and most achieves) in a day.

6 years ago#5
It's a decent and charming game but is short and rather extremely easy. Sam & Max is probably a better choice but it is twice the price so i understand maybe not wanting to shell out that much. Try the demo though. The difficulty doesn't really go up much from there (depending on how you see the mini-games, which I personally hate)
Money no object I would say sam & Max is a better choice as it is better value and much more entertaining. I would personally say that short of whoring the achievements off axel&pixel it probably won't hold any replay value.. You could always not buy it at all :P
  1. Boards
  2. Axel & Pixel
  3. To buy or not to buy?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived