To buy or not to buy?

#1Wolverinefactor(Moderator)Posted 10/16/2009 7:33:17 AM
So I'm on this tight budget for the next week and a half (I blame the ps3 and it's first party titles in oct) but anyway, I love point and click games and while I want sam and max season 2, I don't have 20 to drop on it.

However, I want to go see Paranormal Activities. But I figure the $10 in gas to see it + the $7 ticket price and my requirements of Starbucks (4.25) would easily equal up to the price of A&P (well, excluding the gas but that's just a bonus that I save gas lol).

But there's another thing. I bought Secret of Monkey Island on release day and hate it. I haven't even beaten that yet because it's so poorly done (menu system is ass and it just isn't funny). Do the controls work well on this game?

---
Reading Anita Blake series
GT Wolverinefactor PSN Wolvyfactor - www.myspace.com/wolvy - http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=wolverinefactor
#2FFG_HarnessPosted 10/16/2009 12:39:44 PM
Well what was your opinion of the trial as the full game isn't that long. i would say save your money.
---
GT:XHarness
#3TribesmasterPosted 10/16/2009 2:01:57 PM

I actually loved monkey island. This game is fun though. Story is fun but sort of short, but it has some mini games to keep you going.

#4Staryoshi87Posted 10/16/2009 2:29:45 PM

I loved both Axel and Pixel and Monkey Island. If you enjoy the demo of A+P, buy it. Keep in mind that 90% of it can be accomplished (story and most achieves) in a day.

#5nanostrongholdPosted 10/17/2009 5:18:01 PM
It's a decent and charming game but is short and rather extremely easy. Sam & Max is probably a better choice but it is twice the price so i understand maybe not wanting to shell out that much. Try the demo though. The difficulty doesn't really go up much from there (depending on how you see the mini-games, which I personally hate)
Money no object I would say sam & Max is a better choice as it is better value and much more entertaining. I would personally say that short of whoring the achievements off axel&pixel it probably won't hold any replay value.. You could always not buy it at all :P