"Uber Chests"?

#1InnerSolacePosted 12/13/2009 1:48:37 PM
I assume these are the chests with the Urns in them, right? If not, what are they?

---
It is only with courage that we overcome our worst of fears, and that we vanquish and move on from any lingering emotion from past lives.
#2skatrx9349Posted 12/13/2009 1:51:23 PM
Spoilers maybe...

If you ever got the Muse keys while playing GoW then you've been in the room with the "Gift of Magic, Experience, Health" sands. Well the Uber chests are chests that give you these boosts in the same three areas.
---
PSN: Milhouse4588
Playing: Resistance, GoW I & II
#3InnerSolace(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2009 1:56:09 PM
Wow, I was way off. Thank you for the answer.

Ummm...where exactly do I find them, though? If you or someone could answer then that would be great.

---
It is only with courage that we overcome our worst of fears, and that we vanquish and move on from any lingering emotion from past lives.
#4skatrx9349Posted 12/13/2009 2:20:44 PM
Spoilers...

So the first chest is the chest of experience I think. When you go up the path from the Temple of Lakhesis to where the Barbarian King first attacks you....go there again once you complete the full circle and come up through the floor of the temple (where you are supposed to fleece the fireball throwing wall to continue on). The chest is at the end of that pathway where the tree is now downed.

I can't remember the order of the other chests but...one chest is where you save the second translator. Instead of running through the mirror and freezing time and saving the guy, run through the mirror, freeze time, and run back down the hallway you pushed the Fates statue where you used to see a shimmering alcove...the chest is there. You have to make it there before time runs out.

The third chest...I'm writing this assuming you've beaten the game but I'll try to make it pretty easy to follow otherwise. You'll get to a part of the game where you cross a lava filled room on a rope that gets shot down by archers, you then fight a bunch of Gorgons then continue on by climbing a wall and going over the lava across the cieling (youtube search the infinite orb gorgon glitch for GoWII to find this area). Once crossing that you'll continue on to some rotating pillars with spikes that you must fly around using hot air lifts. DO NOT GO THIS FAR. instead you will see a bright light in the wall right before this section...shoot it with the bow. the wall will eventually crumble and you can find a lever and a destroyable wall on the right...the chest is in there.
---
#5skatrx9349Posted 12/13/2009 2:21:24 PM
And of course I just found a great video aid for these chests....obviously they work better.

there you go.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/god-war-collection-god-war-ii/30565-uber-chests-damn-germans.html
---
#6MookietheboldPosted 12/13/2009 2:25:42 PM
Gee, if only someone had written a Chest Guide detailing where things like this could be found and posted it on a website dedicated to video games, like say, GameFAQs. If only...
---
be quiet and drive (far away)
#7skatrx9349Posted 12/13/2009 2:32:14 PM
^ Oh get over yourself...he's already been helped. Go do something of worth.
---
#8MookietheboldPosted 12/13/2009 2:39:48 PM
Go do something of worth.

Says the user with zero contributions.

Seriously, if TC doesn't have the intelligence to use the resources on the very site he's posting on, he doesn't deserve to be helped.
---
be quiet and drive (far away)
#9InnerSolace(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2009 2:53:44 PM
Thank you, skatrx9349.

Also, maybe I didn't use a FAQ at the time because I didn't know what to search for. Which is obvious in my original post due to the words I used when I asked for help.

Though now I do see the "Chest FAQ" or "Chest Guide," which, I admit, I didn't think there would be one at first.

But again, thank you for all your help, skatrx9349.

---
#10InnerSolace(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2009 2:56:44 PM
Also, I beat both games a few times back in the PS2 days, just never knew these things existed... Well, beat their story modes anyway.

---