Stuck in the GOW 1 spike room

#1Big D2Posted 3/7/2010 8:49:46 PM
I just fell backwards in my chair from exclaiming in frustration towards this puzzle. It's impossible!

I know how to kick the box and all, but no matter how I try it, whenever I get the box to the bend to the right in the room, the spikes always come up and kill me. How on earth do you get the box to the ledge before time runs out? I've died several hundred times already.
#2hypertwolfPosted 3/8/2010 10:23:40 AM
i'm also at that part of the game and currently stuck on that spike room in GoW1. So frustrating. I wish the dev has added maybe 1 or 2 more seconds...
---
Tailwags,
Hyperion T. Wolf
#3ZehanPosted 3/8/2010 10:34:03 AM
1. Pull box out from wall until there is enough space to get behind it.
2. Move behind box, give it one full charged kick.
3. Move to the side of the box in preparation for a kick down the hallway.
4. Grab the box and slide it enough to clear the corner, give it one fully charged kick.
5. Move to the side of the box in preparation for a kick around the corner.
6. Grab the box and slide it enough to clear the corner, give it one half-charged kick.
7. Jump on the box and to the ledge.

You should have time to spare with this method.
---
OLCADAN WINS!
#4TriforceGanonPosted 3/8/2010 12:26:49 PM
Yeah I did this part last night and it was kind of frustrating, but once you get the hang of it, its pie.

Just a bunch of fully charged kicks will do the job
---
DEATH TO THE SCOURGE, AND DEATH TO THE LIVING!!!
Pokemon Diamond: Jimmy 0045 4586 8996
#5StarWarsKartPosted 3/8/2010 2:30:15 PM
This part was hard for me as well, I spent alot of time on this during my normal play before finally getting it. BUT....

On my speed play through, there is a trick you can use to get to the ledge without ever using the switch or getting to the box.

The trick is, u get to below the ledge do the following:

1) Get right below the ledge and do Ascension - Hold triangle
2) Once to the top of the jump, do Poseidon's Rage once (Must be atleast Level 2, well I did it with 2 and 3, not sure if it can be done on 1)
3) And right when the Magic stops, do Apollo's Offensive (Air) - Hold L1 + X and if timed correctly you'll grab on to the ledge

And yes, you WILL still get the trophy for this doing this method. Right after you pick up the necklace up there, u get the trophy.
---
ASUS P5W DH Deluxe Mobo | Core 2 Quad Q6600 3.0 Ghz CPU | Nvidia EVGA 260 GTX Core 216 896mb SC GDDR3 GPU | 8 GB 6400-800 DDR2 Ram
#6D_erekPosted 3/8/2010 8:14:47 PM
After about ten attempts of using the charged kicks, I just dragged it across the room. As long as you stay close to the corners, and know when you stop that your jump can just make it, you'll be good. Made it after two tries using this method.
#7Evil_HFPosted 3/8/2010 9:12:56 PM
just use the jump bug to get past this without even triggering the event lol

---
my site: http://hieiyyh.codemasters-project.net
#8ZehanPosted 3/8/2010 9:56:20 PM
> cheating to bypass a room that is not difficult AT ALL
---
OLCADAN WINS!
#9DiABoLiC AnGeLPosted 3/14/2010 9:24:18 AM
youtube video to the trick:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EonDQXGQ8cg

---
Diligence pays off eventually but Procrastination pays off now
#10thebeast45Posted 3/14/2010 6:56:57 PM
Zehan posted...
> cheating to bypass a room that is not difficult AT ALL

Just because you didn't have trouble with it doesn't mean it's easy for everyone.
More topics from this board...
GOW II Display IssuesDeepThroat024/14 8:16PM