Can't I control text speed in this game? I'm just starting out and so far...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Okamiden
  3. Can't I control text speed in this game? I'm just starting out and so far...

User Info: culture_den

culture_den
5 years ago#1
This game isn't giving me a very good first impression. I was excited for an Okami sequel on DS but so far it...

Well anyway I hate the text speed in cutscenes. I want to be able to control it like the first game. Also is there a way for the text to simply appear instead of scroll slowly?

Or is it like that the entire game?
When life gives you melons, you make melonade.

User Info: No1Inparticular

No1Inparticular
5 years ago#2
It's like that the entire game, you can't do anything about it. I didn't really have any problems with it.
Not changing until a third Okami game is announced.
http://www.youtube.com/user/No1Inparticular1

User Info: culture_den

culture_den
5 years ago#3
Yeah... it's like how, for example, in one of the persona games, such as persona 3, you can either let the text scroll naturally during a story scene, or control it yourself. I prefer the latter.

I also prefer when text doesn't scroll but simply appears, like a book. Since I read pretty quickly and read words faster than they appear but...

Anyway alright, I guess I'll just get used to it for now.
When life gives you melons, you make melonade.

User Info: Ryosagi

Ryosagi
5 years ago#4
I hated that. I find that it went too fast for me. I'm not a speedy reader, so I know I missed some dialogue at times. I swear some long sentences were only shown for like two seconds while a word or two in the same text field size lasted at least five seconds. Don't know why they wouldn't let us control it.
I like to use exclamation points!! My favorite punctuation and it just shows emotion!!

User Info: Masato_Hyuga

Masato_Hyuga
5 years ago#5
I.... Didn't notice. Maybe I'm crazy. Or just forgot about it.
  1. Boards
  2. Okamiden
  3. Can't I control text speed in this game? I'm just starting out and so far...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived