Can't I control text speed in this game? I'm just starting out and so far...

#1culture_denPosted 11/5/2011 5:54:33 AM
This game isn't giving me a very good first impression. I was excited for an Okami sequel on DS but so far it...

Well anyway I hate the text speed in cutscenes. I want to be able to control it like the first game. Also is there a way for the text to simply appear instead of scroll slowly?

Or is it like that the entire game?
---
When life gives you melons, you make melonade.
#2No1InparticularPosted 11/5/2011 6:37:25 AM
It's like that the entire game, you can't do anything about it. I didn't really have any problems with it.
---
Not changing until a third Okami game is announced.
http://www.youtube.com/user/No1Inparticular1
#3culture_den(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2011 6:47:58 AM
Yeah... it's like how, for example, in one of the persona games, such as persona 3, you can either let the text scroll naturally during a story scene, or control it yourself. I prefer the latter.

I also prefer when text doesn't scroll but simply appears, like a book. Since I read pretty quickly and read words faster than they appear but...

Anyway alright, I guess I'll just get used to it for now.
---
When life gives you melons, you make melonade.
#4RyosagiPosted 11/7/2011 12:55:11 PM
I hated that. I find that it went too fast for me. I'm not a speedy reader, so I know I missed some dialogue at times. I swear some long sentences were only shown for like two seconds while a word or two in the same text field size lasted at least five seconds. Don't know why they wouldn't let us control it.
---
I like to use exclamation points!! My favorite punctuation and it just shows emotion!!
#5Masato_HyugaPosted 11/7/2011 3:04:31 PM
I.... Didn't notice. Maybe I'm crazy. Or just forgot about it.