Healing potion

#1larrygamePosted 9/20/2009 7:32:12 PM
Newbie - in my 3rd quest and ran out of healing potions - I used my healing potions none left and no way I can defeat 14 without healing potion - from what I understand you have to purchase the potions from the DDO Store - no vendors in town appear to have them for sale - am I wrong or is that correct??? Thanks.
#2Jrg133Posted 9/21/2009 12:11:46 AM
You can buy healing potions and other helpful potions (remove curse, neutralize poison, remove blindness, lesser restoration) from vendors in the harbor, marketplace and Houses Jorasco and Kundarik. You dont need to use Turbine points only the gold and plat you have earned.
#3Jrg133Posted 9/21/2009 12:14:19 AM
Sometimes potions also drop from smashed barrels and crates inside quests. Plus you get bonus XP for smashing things so dont hold back and check out what drops...it will often be coins or helpful potions.
#4TaotoPosted 9/21/2009 5:47:14 AM
Or you could always get a hireling Cleric/Paladin to heal you, or just a generic hireling to help kill stuff.
---
"if anything i'd say this isn't really a kids game. there's no blood, killing, sex, drugs, explosions, etc." - nairby
XBL - NurikoDS
#5larrygame(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2009 5:32:27 PM
That's the problem - can't find vendors in harbor, market place, or those houses you mention to purchase health potions???
#6CaptainKOPosted 9/22/2009 5:47:10 AM
You can buy healing potions and other helpful potions (remove curse, neutralize poison, remove blindness, lesser restoration) from vendors in the harbor, marketplace and Houses Jorasco and Kundarik. You dont need to use Turbine points only the gold and plat you have earned.

As far as I know vendors don't sell healing potions in the harbor except for the Mushroom collecting elf. I'm pretty sure there are healing potions in the auction, but they are probably too high priced like everything else.

---
It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt
#7VanishingSkillPosted 9/22/2009 6:22:37 AM
The general vendor in the harbor and in korthos both sell healing potions.
---
"No, whats an STD? Is it a new instance or something!??!?1/1" atfxkmk
#8Jrg133Posted 9/22/2009 11:51:39 AM
The vendor in the harbor is located in Dagoward's Apothecary. In the marketplace the vendor is located in the market tent. In house J he is located in Feather's Fall Apothecary and in house K he is located in Liquid Charm.

Press M to open up the map of the zone you are in if you have trouble finding something. Everything is marked on your map. Also make sure you can read the names of the players and NPCs around you. The toggle to turn overhead names and titles on/off is defaulted to "V". This is important because the NPC potion vendors have the title "Potion Vendor" over thier heads.
#9larrygame(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2009 12:17:30 PM
I found the healing potion in market vendor - too darn expensive - something like 2 gold??? I am on my 3rd quest and expected to take out 14 dudes before they destroy a crystal - is this a tough game or am I getting too old???????? This is a great game but I'm a casual player and don't think I can handle this stuff - especially without health potions :(
#10CaptainKOPosted 9/22/2009 2:26:39 PM
I found the healing potion in market vendor - too darn expensive - something like 2 gold??? I am on my 3rd quest and expected to take out 14 dudes before they destroy a crystal - is this a tough game or am I getting too old???????? This is a great game but I'm a casual player and don't think I can handle this stuff - especially without health potions

I manage to beat WW with no healing potions so I didn't spend a lot of time looking for vendors.

---
It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt