Should I join a guild ASAP or hold off for one I want?

#1KazumiAmanoPosted 7/6/2012 2:07:36 PM
I just started this game, and already I've picked up a few pieces of equipment that require guild membership. Is there a disadvantage to just finding a mid-level guild and hanging out there, or do I want to reserve membership for one I actually want to stick with?
---
"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly
#2sinfulGrimoirePosted 7/9/2012 11:09:20 AM
You can always leave your current Guild if you find one you would rather be a member of. Make sure you leave on good terms though, so the Guild doesn't lose so much Renown.

I would definitely suggest finding a random high level Guild for now though, just so you can use equipment that requires Guild level or has Guild Augment slots.
#3TheRaven1406Posted 8/2/2012 12:36:47 AM
I don't like how you are at a severe advantage if you don't join a guild.
The guild boni are too owerpowered in DDO. The buffs are almost a must, guild slot gear also the teleportation options, begging for ship invites (ex. Meridia teleport for shroud) is embarrassing.
#4sinfulGrimoirePosted 8/2/2012 10:08:03 AM
Meh. I don't use Guild buffs even if I am in a Guild, and I don't have any major disadvantages. I do just as well as someone who has full buffs.