Just bought the game.

#1MOnsOOn_dkPosted 10/31/2009 8:13:17 AM

Iwill write a small review for anybody thinkin' of buying it,when i have played it.

#2nonamyformePosted 10/31/2009 9:13:41 AM
thank you looking forward to hearing about it
---
Your life is yours alone rise up and live it!
#3PunishmePosted 10/31/2009 9:47:38 AM
nice does it come with a case or is it downloadable?
#4bonesbrigadePosted 10/31/2009 10:22:45 AM
Looking forward to ANY thoughts on this game. Wish there were a demo!
---
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be surfing the web by candlelight."
view my profile for gamer tags
#5willclintonPosted 10/31/2009 10:40:45 AM

bonesbrigade posted...
Looking forward to ANY thoughts on this game. Wish there were a demo!

This is coming from a rabid zombie fan who has been waiting for a game like this:

It is a good game but no surprise that a few kinks need to be worked out. It is a $10 budget title. At least the developers are known for supporting their products. As it is now I have a great time with it. Check out the Kerberos forums where the developers keep a daily dialogue going with their customers.

#6MOnsOOn_dk(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2009 11:42:39 AM

Oka, sry it took so long guys, but you will know why after this.

let me start by posting my specs:

Nvidia 8800GT 512MB

Dualcore 3.0 ghz

4 gb ram

Okay, so first i bought the game from gamersgate(its onlyavailable by donwload) its 400MB, took about half an hour to download.

then to the install, no problems there, I clicked the shortcut to the game an got an error, tried it again and same error.

Downloaded it again, installed it and got the same error, i then made an account on there official site to see if there was a trouble shooting section, and thank god i was not the only one with that problem, they said there could be some problems with PhysX, so i tried to install it again and donwload an alternative version of PhysX and it worked, so after about an hour of trying i finaly got in the game.

i went into options thinking my Pc would run this game on the highest settings as the graphics looks like something from 2002, i was wrong. chose new game and got into character screen, you can set your stats in sneak, weapons, lock pick etc, i then chose my fort and pressed next, the game started to load and when it was done it crashed,i went into the game again tried the hole thing over again and guess what itcrashed AGAIN!so about now it was getting pretty annoying.

i went into options, put the settings on the lowest and tried again, and yay i got into the game, but it looked like something dragged out of a cats ass. so i went into options again put settings to normal and tried again and then i could play it with "decent" looking graphics, but its still lags a little. so i played about an hour and here is what i think:

Gameplay: Pretty good, the controls are a little akward, but playable.

Shooting its hard at first but you get used to it, you can do some pretty nice things like barricade your fort and stuff, search for survivers and food.

Graphics: Playable but, defently not what you call good bye a long shot!

optimization: Really REALLY bad, my pc can't even run it on the highest settings, and i can run crysis, oblivion etc, on atleast high settings and 1920x1200 resolution.

All in all i would give it a 6.5 in rating, but hey its 10 USD and to be honest i think its worth and especially on halloween ;)

just ask if there is anything you guys wanna know.

(hope you understand my english :S)

#7gijasPosted 10/31/2009 12:26:47 PM

MOnsOOn_dk posted...

donwload an alternative version of PhysX and it worked

i could play it with "decent" looking graphics, but its still lags a little.

optimization: Really REALLY bad

First, are you running XP, Vista or W7?

Secondly, where did you download the alternative Physx from?

Thirdly, what are the exactoptions for customizing the graphics?

#8MOnsOOn_dk(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2009 12:36:05 PM

gijas posted...

MOnsOOn_dk posted...

donwload an alternative version of PhysX and it worked

i could play it with "decent" looking graphics, but its still lags a little.

optimization: Really REALLY bad

First, are you running XP, Vista or W7?

Secondly, where did you download the alternative Physx from?

Thirdly, what are the exactoptions for customizing the graphics?

1. XP

2. http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/physx_9.09.0814_uk.htmlor http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_9.09.0814.html

3. Draw distance.

Light draw distance.

Shadows.

less precise shadows.

render quality.

#9starralaznPosted 10/31/2009 1:43:57 PM
eh... its didnt crash for me and i'm using a amd 3.0ghz dual core, ati 4850

it is kinda choppy, and after awhile it starts to slow down but its playable

its very very hard though.
#10butsizzlePosted 11/3/2009 7:25:43 AM
I gave up on trying to get it to work.

That makes three computer games that I've bought in the last three days that I couldn't get to work. I have a good computer but obviously not good enough. $50 wasted.

*sigh* If only Microsoft and Sony could create trust worthy hardware that didn't break down after only 2 years of use, then I wouldn't have to go through any of this and I'd happily be playing L4D right now.
---
GT: butsizzle
PSN: butsizzle