Having trouble with Cassandra. Any hints?

#1ZooPosted 9/1/2010 7:56:14 AM
I have gotten her down to pretty low health but she always seems to finish me off. The fae butcher had the R1 thing and the real butcher could be faked out by shooting up the meat until he grappled it.

Any hints or suggestions?

Thanks in advance. :)
---
Old school gamer (since Pong and 2600). Presently enjoying Wii, PC,PS2, and PS3 Slim for my gaming needs.
#2mdomales85Posted 9/1/2010 8:01:07 AM
learn to use the dodge maneuver effectively, block constantly other than when you are sneaking in a few attacks, try to get behind her, and above all else make sure when she attacks and the L1 button appears, hit it. that is the easiest way to do damage to her.
now i just wish i had an effective way to beat cesar... he's like cassandra but tougher.
---
a coward dies a thousand deaths... a soldier dies but once.
what do you think i am, a euthanasia service? -Iori, King of Fighters EX2
#3Zoo(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2010 8:05:44 AM
Thanks!

I will try that., The only thing I was making headway with was using the guns aggressively and I was able to do some damage to her when she was attacking from the air. I will try the dodge technique.
---
Old school gamer (since Pong and 2600). Presently enjoying Wii, PC,PS2, and PS3 Slim for my gaming needs.
#4mdomales85Posted 9/1/2010 8:16:01 AM
no problem, good luck!
the dodge technique helps with regular enemies also, in addition to the bosses.
---
#5hoagie727Posted 9/1/2010 10:38:02 AM
I found a way to exploit the AI for her. This worked on Hard to.

Just hold block the whole time until she does her low slide kick. Immediately after you block the slide kick do one slice with your shank which will miss and then block again.

She will always do her attack next that gives you the L1 prompt. As long as you are holding block you can counter the attack for good damage.

Rinse and repeat.
#6Zoo(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2010 3:18:47 PM
Thanks mdomales85!

It took a bit until I figured out that it is best to stay lost to Cassandra and block. Then block the L1 attack and go nuts with the large weapon (triangle button).

I was not really blocking up until this point and now that I am blocking with the regular enemies I am faring better than I was.

The next boss was a hoot BTW!

This is an awesome game and worth the full price of admission. On sale it would be a crazy bargain.
---
#7mdomales85Posted 9/1/2010 6:11:53 PM
i'm glad my advice worked for you. cassandra was definitely tough, but easy once you figure her moves and attack pattern out.
if you have trouble on cesar, use the method posted by thetimm - run right up to him, jump over his head and use the chainsaw. again, credits to thetimm, i couldn't beat cesar until i read his post.
this whole game is a definite classic to me already. and i've only had it for about a week.
by the next boss, you mean denny? that boss was crazy! and the way you take him down is so sweet yet disturbing... every boss kill in shank is so epic to me, it feels like playing pulp fiction on steroids mixed with contra and first blood but set in a messed up version of vegas.
i know many don't share this opinion but i would have paid more for this game, i can't stop playing it.
i even dreamed about it once. =)
---
#8Zoo(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2010 6:26:22 PM
Yeah... Denny, the guy with the... er... slaves...

This game is both old school and epic. If this game was made during either the SNES/Genesis or PS1/Saturn/N64 era it would be one of the all time classics.

Other than the distinct lack of old school jrpgs this gen is probably my favourite yet. Deathspank was an absolute hoot and Shank is one of the most enjoyable "beat em ups" I have ever played. PSN/Live/WiiWare has hosted so many cool games that otherwise would not get released. Some of the best games this gen are not even on disc. :)

Best $14.99 I have spent in some time. I hate to say it but if I had of spent $29.99 I would still feel I got good value. I feel the same way about Deathspank.

Thanks for the tip for Caesar. After my wife goes to bed I will put some time into the game. I am in the house leading up to the Priest. Will see how this battle goes. :)
---
#9Zoo(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2010 10:59:03 PM
Woo Hoo!

Sweet! I ended up going further than I thought and made it to Cesar. I kept at it and remembered what someone said on another post. Block and then counterattack. It seems to tick Cesar off and you can do the L1 thing more often. Just the same he was VERY hard to defeat.

I started another game; this time on hard mode. I just finished the fake butcher and he was much tougher this time around. I suspect that the other boss battles will be no easier. Cassandra and Cesar are even going to be MORE brutal this next time around.

It was a wonderful 6 1/2 hours I spend playing the easy mode. It will be just as much fun this time on hard.

My only two beefs with the game are:

-Lack of co-op for the main story.

-Lack of online co-op in general.

It would be fun to play through the game online with my buddy and a pair of headsets. :)
---