Is this a glitch?

#1ChaaxisPosted 10/18/2010 1:53:20 PM
I'm in Lost Labyrinth Zone Act 3. There are these parts where the Sonic is trapped in a small room halfway filled with water. When Sonic jumps into the water, he hovers in ball form and then I have to rotate the room to drain the water. I've only run into two of these parts, but something goes wonky with the second one. Every time I jump into the water and start rotating the room, Sonic takes damage from nothing and loses his rings. The sound effect that plays when this happens is the same one you hear when you touch spikes. I'm beginning to think I wasted my money, which is a shame. I was really enjoying the game until I got to this part.
---
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken" - Tyler Durden (Fight Club)
#2mtpfreakPosted 10/18/2010 2:11:28 PM
There are some barely visible spikes on the side.
You just need to tap left/right repeatedly to get past that.

Honestly? That part is just bad design, why the hell would Sonic suddenly be floating then, but running underwater any other time?
---
My Flipnote Gallery
http://flipnote.hatena.com/RupeeClock/my
#3BassDS_SxMPosted 10/18/2010 2:12:23 PM
You lose rings because the 2nd room has spikes on the wall. you need to rotate back and forth to have the water push the stone out, while avoiding the spikes before you run out of air.
---
---
SxM-Subaru and Misora MMSF3 BA FC: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
#4Chaaxis(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2010 2:23:45 PM
Ah, okay. In my opinion, that's horrid game design. I can't even see the freaking spikes. Ah, well. Thanks for your help, dudes.
---
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken" - Tyler Durden (Fight Club)