This game wins

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

4 years ago#1
Well as far as reboots go or sequel startup whatever. i think they did a better job on this than even say capcom on MvsC 3 and Nintendo on NSMBW simply put, old skool revivals and back generation games are just > today's games.If u cant see why then ur prolly not old enough to understand where i come from.
---
True hardcore gamers don't need Achievements/Trophies to be recognized as such!
4 years ago#2
I think NSMBW is much better than this game. It's got more going for it (including some old-school charm).
Don't get me wrong, Sonic 4: Ep. 1 is a good game, but it felt like a step backwards from S3&K since instead of either building on what made S3&K great or replacing those great things with different great things (similar to the transition from SMB3 to SMW) they treated it more like a spiritual sequel to Sonic 2. So far the only way Sonic 4 has built upon S3&K is the fact that the homing attack has been incorporated...
NSMBW has more (and better) power-ups than SMW and the levels are more creative. Almost every level in NSMBW has something that makes it stand out from the rest - which I can't say for SMW.
---
Current Addiction: SONIC COLORS
Forget 'Team Edward' and 'Team Jacob'... 'Team Buffy' is where it's at!
4 years ago#3
^That is right, but we must wait to see if Episode 2 makes a difference to Sonic 4. It does feel like it fits in between Sonic 2 and Sonic 3, Instead of a sequel... Sonic 3&K is the best 16 bit Sonic Adventure.
---
Hi ! I'm Omochao. @_@ ) I'm here to help you.
Ah... My, my... <3 I foresaw your arrival, Mario. -- Merluvlee, Paper Mario
4 years ago#4

Yeah Sonic 4 is more like a reboot of Sonic 1 and 2 with no difference except some new gimmicks in the levels. It is another experience of a pick up and play game but dont go so say saying its better than MvC3, Sonic hasn't reached that level yet.

4 years ago#5
he may never reach that level...
---
~peace~ -_-
4 years ago#6
Uh, Sonic and Knuckles and the Adventure series are far past MvC3 to me.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
4 years ago#7

Only the Adventure series had potential to become around that level simply for the extra mechanics peformed in any Sonic game. Sonic 3 & Knuckles was still fun but because its a pick up and play, it doesn't have much potential against a fighting game.

4 years ago#8
this isn't even comparable to mvc3 in the slightest since they're in completely different genres

nsmbw was a bit lazily made (lol rehashed world themes from the first nsmb) but it's still much better than this game, which essentially did the same thing with sonic 1/2 levels and to a much worse extent

all of the other notable retro revivals (dkcr, mm9/10, etc.) were better than this game really
---
http://www.brawlinthefamily.com/
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/storyfiles/hs2/03346.gif
4 years ago#9
mm9 and 10 should have looked much better than they do in this day and age.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
4 years ago#10
Maybe its just my super sonic complex or something but i think that Sonic 4 brought everything from those ancient days that DKCR, NSMBW MvsC3 didnt. Aww now i sound like a nostalgia fanboy! Okay okay that doesnt mean i dont like this generation it just means that the old stuff and the reboots that TRY to give that feeling will always have more content than the new stuff.
---
True hardcore gamers don't need Achievements/Trophies to be recognized as such!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived