This game wins

#1RellmonPosted 2/19/2011 12:40:55 PM
Well as far as reboots go or sequel startup whatever. i think they did a better job on this than even say capcom on MvsC 3 and Nintendo on NSMBW simply put, old skool revivals and back generation games are just > today's games.If u cant see why then ur prolly not old enough to understand where i come from.
---
True hardcore gamers don't need Achievements/Trophies to be recognized as such!
#2Knuckles07Posted 2/19/2011 4:27:59 PM
I think NSMBW is much better than this game. It's got more going for it (including some old-school charm).
Don't get me wrong, Sonic 4: Ep. 1 is a good game, but it felt like a step backwards from S3&K since instead of either building on what made S3&K great or replacing those great things with different great things (similar to the transition from SMB3 to SMW) they treated it more like a spiritual sequel to Sonic 2. So far the only way Sonic 4 has built upon S3&K is the fact that the homing attack has been incorporated...
NSMBW has more (and better) power-ups than SMW and the levels are more creative. Almost every level in NSMBW has something that makes it stand out from the rest - which I can't say for SMW.
---
Current Addiction: SONIC COLORS
Forget 'Team Edward' and 'Team Jacob'... 'Team Buffy' is where it's at!
#3R_O_B_SentryPosted 2/20/2011 7:56:33 AM
^That is right, but we must wait to see if Episode 2 makes a difference to Sonic 4. It does feel like it fits in between Sonic 2 and Sonic 3, Instead of a sequel... Sonic 3&K is the best 16 bit Sonic Adventure.
---
Hi ! I'm Omochao. @_@ ) I'm here to help you.
Ah... My, my... <3 I foresaw your arrival, Mario. -- Merluvlee, Paper Mario
#4The_RaterPosted 2/24/2011 6:44:21 AM

Yeah Sonic 4 is more like a reboot of Sonic 1 and 2 with no difference except some new gimmicks in the levels. It is another experience of a pick up and play game but dont go so say saying its better than MvC3, Sonic hasn't reached that level yet.

#5pancakegr8Posted 2/24/2011 8:29:31 AM
he may never reach that level...
---
~peace~ -_-
#6edward18Posted 2/24/2011 9:31:54 AM
Uh, Sonic and Knuckles and the Adventure series are far past MvC3 to me.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#7The_RaterPosted 2/26/2011 8:24:59 PM

Only the Adventure series had potential to become around that level simply for the extra mechanics peformed in any Sonic game. Sonic 3 & Knuckles was still fun but because its a pick up and play, it doesn't have much potential against a fighting game.

#8Electric_SonicPosted 2/26/2011 11:00:04 PM
this isn't even comparable to mvc3 in the slightest since they're in completely different genres

nsmbw was a bit lazily made (lol rehashed world themes from the first nsmb) but it's still much better than this game, which essentially did the same thing with sonic 1/2 levels and to a much worse extent

all of the other notable retro revivals (dkcr, mm9/10, etc.) were better than this game really
---
http://www.brawlinthefamily.com/
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/storyfiles/hs2/03346.gif
#9edward18Posted 2/27/2011 1:25:47 PM
mm9 and 10 should have looked much better than they do in this day and age.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#10Rellmon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2011 12:36:13 PM
Maybe its just my super sonic complex or something but i think that Sonic 4 brought everything from those ancient days that DKCR, NSMBW MvsC3 didnt. Aww now i sound like a nostalgia fanboy! Okay okay that doesnt mean i dont like this generation it just means that the old stuff and the reboots that TRY to give that feeling will always have more content than the new stuff.
---
True hardcore gamers don't need Achievements/Trophies to be recognized as such!