Skate 4?

#1Homefree122Posted 8/10/2010 4:02:08 PM

Okay, people, we've always had the forums on what we want the sequel to be, and now we've moved onto Skate 4. You're asking for better physics, better character customization, better graphics, bigger city,etc. But how far can we go till it starts to just overlap. We've been asking for all of these things since day 1, with Skate. The only thing, for me, that made Skate 3 even significant from the other two was Park Creator, and it wasnt even THAT good, if not bland. Don't get me wrong, I love the series and have since Skate came out, but i fear that if, in fact, they do make Skate 4, but dont make any significant changes, it could be the end there after. This isn't a topic on "what you want to see in Skate 4," it's a topic concerning where the series is going. For me, like I said before, if EA doesn't deliver in Skate 4, they might have to hang it up for a while, if not forever. Your thoughts? And please don't hate.

#2Cage2004Posted 8/10/2010 5:24:24 PM
I think they should wait at least 2 years before releasing another one and just use all that for dev time, but EA may be the one making them push out quick sequels
---
This post is purely fictional. Any similarity to actual events,persons, or places is coincidental.
#3McFinneganPosted 8/10/2010 5:46:17 PM
yeah I agree they need to take more time to make Skate 4. just keep supporting 3 with DLC, free and paid, during the wait.

I just want them to build another awesome city, only part of Carverton I skate anymore is downtown.
#4altamont2Posted 8/10/2010 7:30:02 PM
Skate 4 should be called skate.life and instead of already being amazing at skateboarding and get rich easy you have to work lame jobs like mcdonalds to make money to buy new boards(because boards should be able to snap and force replacement) also should be able to go to parties and stuff, get laid etc....and no I am not trolling....
oh also buy houses and be able to own a car,
#5FFG_HarnessPosted 8/11/2010 4:26:35 AM

Skate 4 should be called skate.life and instead of already being amazing at skateboarding and get rich easy you have to work lame jobs like mcdonalds to make money to buy new boards(because boards should be able to snap and force replacement) also should be able to go to parties and stuff, get laid etc....and no I am not trolling....

Tony Hawks is thata way man!
---
GT: FFG Harness
#6altamont2Posted 8/11/2010 8:28:55 PM
lol you tard, tony hawk didn't offer any of that. at least the board snappage should be added..
#7Homefree122(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2010 11:00:52 PM

altamont2 posted...

Haha. I think we got a winner boys.

#8PunkSmurfPosted 8/11/2010 11:46:18 PM
Dude... NONE of that "lifestyle" **** belongs in this series. Seriously, that over the top crap sucks, and only takes away from the core game. Maybe if you're too young to have real bills to pay and such... But I play the game to avoid all that.
---
PunkSmurf: Nudging the envelope of censorship since 9/12/2001
#9replicantPosted 8/12/2010 4:25:39 AM
I fully support Skate.life as a future upgrade.

---
Bear "replicant" Powell
"I am Shaolin-Style!"
#10McFinneganPosted 8/12/2010 10:06:55 AM
so Black Box should hire Peter Molyneux as lead designer? you're basically describing Fable without the sword and sorcery stuff and instead skateboards. I can see the appeal of that in a certain sense, I do enjoy the Fable series, and deeper RPGs, but I already work a boring job and don't really want to go home and work a boring virtual job. if the career was short, something I could bang out in a weekend for the cheevos then move to free play like I've done with the other 3 games I wouldn't mind much.

however, if I had my druthers I'd like it to be stripped down instead of built up. more of just you and your filmer (bring Reda back) trying to get footage, achievements tied to tricks and gaps and a couple contests, set in a realistic city. basically, Skate 1 with all the improvements to the engine and gameplay. but maybe that's just me.