Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising Intro Crash Fix

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising
  3. Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising Intro Crash Fix

User Info: BiOHatE

BiOHatE
6 years ago#1
I Worked out a fix for my crash which happened after the Cinematic at the loading screen. I run Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit / 3gb Ram / Intel core 2 duo CPU T9300 @ 2.50Ghz 2.50Ghz / Nvidia Geoforce 8600M GT (its a laptop/notebook display driver)

I did a number of things people suggested
1. Changed Anti-aliasing on my Nvidia 3d settings to application controlled.
2. disabled family protection with start/run/services.msc
3. control panel/add-remove programs/ uninstall Windows live essentials/continue/family protection uninstalled.
4. went into steamapps/dow2/renamed DOW2.module **pre mods could screw up the game**
5. right click DOW2.exe /properties/compatibility/windows vista service pack 2/ also check run as administrator box.
6. opened steam/dow2 chaos rising properties/local files/verify integrity of cache to add a new DOW2.module

The 2 biggest things that made the change was prob the removal of Family protection and the replacement of the Dow2.module. But this is all the things i did to make it stop crashing.

It took me over 3 hrs of frustration because there was no Configuration.lau file in my documents/my games/dow2/settings.
If you have the file people suggest opening the file with notepad and changing anti aliasing to 0

Can i get a hail to the chief?
  1. Boards
  2. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising
  3. Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising Intro Crash Fix

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived